Steppin' Out Robin

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOW!!!! That's awesome!!! Truly amazing!! But, could you give us a run down of how you did it? I'd like to make my own some day as well. :smile:

BAZ

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
WOW!!!! That's awesome!!! Truly amazing!! But, could you give us a run down of how you did it? I'd like to make my own some day as well. :smile:
It's real easy..Take one Frog Scout Robin, remove everything that doesn't look like a tux, then using sculpy add everything that does look like a tux!..:smile:

Seriously, that's not too far from the truth. I removed the hat and scarf. Using a dremel (my christmas gift) I sanded down the cuffs on the shirt and pants, plus flatting out some of the details on the shirt. Then started adding things back with sculpy. I used the boil method and worked in pieces, boiling after adding each new piece. Added pant legs, then boiled. Sleeves, boiled. That way I didn't mess one thing up as I worked on the next.

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
Robin

What do you mean he doesn't look as good as you'd have liked...I think he looks great. I'm gonna go to SilverSnail & buy a few more, & try it too. (They're on sale for ten bucks now!)

Great Job!!!!