Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

zns

Reaction score
Here's a list of clips that I'd like to see.

- Give Me Some Air
- On My Pond
- Frogs In The Glen
- Big Bird Meets Little Bird
- You Say Hola (Maria and Luis)
- The Queen Of Six
- Listen To The Bells
- I Want A Monster To Be My Friend (original version)

BillKal

Reaction score
pastreetfan said:
[/list]That would be Bob and Luis - that is, to me, the scariest sketch ever on the show. I watched it years later on Noggin, and in my mid-20's, I *still* had goose bumps watching it. I think the train crashing into the screen is what did it for me.

However, after all that, I'm still hoping that it finds its way to youtube. :smile:
I used to be scared of that sketch as well. I'm fine when they are putting it together....but when the train comes I used to close my eyes.

Love to see it again though.

sesamestchick

Reaction score
  1. Two human cast members (I forget which) were assembling a large picture puzzle on the wall; the picture showed a railroad track passing through a tunnel, with the opening facing the "fourth wall". After they completed the picture, the cast members heard a locomotive coming through the tunnel; the noise was realistically loud, and the oncoming train probably frightened me as much as it did those characters! (I couldn't blame their reaction when the train had reached a safe distance away, either; the two characters took down the picture, tore it to bits and put it into a trash can.)

:eek: I REMEMBER THIS ONE! OMG it used to give me nightmares! I'm thinking, though that to overcome my fear I should try and watch it. If anyone posts it up at youtube.com. please let me know! :wink:

There are a few other sketches I've been dying to see again. The youtube site is AWESOME!!!:excited: I've been catching up with a lot of old clips I remember.

sesamestchick

Reaction score
Can anyone upload these clips to youtube.com?

I have a few requests of old clips that I've been dying to see again, and I figured that as word is spreading, someone must be able to upload them!

Here is my wish list :

1. The live action clip where the cast members paint a tunnel on the wall and makes a choo-choo train come screaming towards the camera. This one gave me the Willies when I was a little girl! :eek:

2. The animated cartoon where the boy is lost in a weird "Peter Max" type of city with strange landmarks. He discovers the way back home by listening to the advice of a cool hepcat with a yo-yo. I haven't seen this one in years!

3. The cartoon where a boy rescues a baby bird that fell out of its nest, and the mother bird returns the favor by helping keep his pants up. I've been looking for this one for a loooooong time!

4. A live action sketch where a clown shows how he looks without makeup and then puts it on really fast to show the difference. I think that it was Dustin Hoffman who played the clown.

I really hope that someone out there has these and can upload them to youtube.com. I had gotten a few clips of my own off of WinMX before it went belly-up I'll try to upload these and let everyone know what they are, so that I'm contributing too!

BillKal

Reaction score
I'd like to see the one where Bert and Ernie are in the Movie Theater and Ernie is responding to different parts of the movie with different emotions. It's the one with Organ music and Guy Smiley is behind Ernie and Bert. Though it's not the voice of Jim Henson doing Guy Smiley...it sounds like one of the old guys from The Muppet Show. I want to say it's Richard Hunt or Jerry Nelson doing the voice.

Sunrise

Reaction score
OMG that site is pure gold!

But, please, somebody tell me: What software do you have to have to play the files? I followed the link that tells how to download them, and tried it; the download came through but the files won't play. I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world but I haven't heard anyone else here complaining of this problem. Any recommendations? I'd love to save a few of these just in case they dissapear from the site.:eek:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Here's what I'd like to see on Youtube.com (with some of these my expectations may be just a little High)

The skit with the Bird who sings to Kermit about her divorced Parents from 1990.

The sketch where Telly sells Kermit a Headwarmer from 1982

Telly the Television Monster's Premire episode. At least his first 5 minutes or so on there. That would Blow Fans away all over the World!

The episode where Oscar meets Snuffy, or at least the part when Oscar first meets Snuffy.

Some Sneak Peek Previews skits from the 1980's with Grungetta as the Announcer, and Brian Meehl's Telly

Sunrise

Reaction score
Ok, never mind about that previous problem. I found a freeware program that plays them.

I'd love to see:

The one where Grover tries to sell Kermit something and Kermit ends up with this set of false teeth. A toothbrush, maybe? I used to crack up over the way Kermit talked with those teeth in his mouth: "Yesh!"

More Grover the waiter sketches.

I can't believe they had that WEIRD old claymation one with that bird and the toothbrush. I haven't seen that since I was like four. I used to go around the house saying "skitter-dee-bee-bop" in the growliest voice I could muster, and it would crack my mom up. I had no idea what I was saying; the toothbrush scared me and somehow repeating that phrase made me feel empowered! :wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I just uploaded another Grover the waiter sketch last night and Kermit singing "I Love My Elbows" (in German!- just a short clip). I'll upload some more when I can.