Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
When you go to youtube.com -search for Sesame Street and then hit the link that says "Date Added" and that'll sort the videos by order of most recently added!
:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BillKal said:
Was that the first game show with Guy Smiley? If not -- which skit was the first one with Guy Smiley?
I'm assuming that it wasn't the first one, considering he used to be called 'Sonny Friendly.' No connection to the other Sonny Friendly that was on the show later on. So I'm not sure when Guy's earliest appearance was. Anyway, I saw "The Memory Game" today and I didn't get the pipe salesman reference. I thought they meant water pipe or sewer pipe or something like that. I didn't even think about the fact that it was a reference to smoking.

I also saw the 'Star Wars' ep. That was interesting. It was good to see all the clips of that episode. Also, I liked that it had a few 'imaginary Snuffleupagus' references.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Anyway, I saw "The Memory Game" today and I didn't get the pipe salesman reference. I thought they meant water pipe or sewer pipe or something like that. I didn't even think about the fact that it was a reference to smoking.
That's interesting, Daffyfan. I didn't even think of the water and sewer pipes!
And maybe that is indeed what the SS writers meant. My thinking is that it's still probably smoking pipes since the pipes for homes are usually purchased from plumbers when old ones are leaky, or when the house itself is being newly built (or additions to the house). Seems like a guy just selling these kinds of pipes for his occupation (instead of being a plumber or contractor) wouldn't generate too much business. However, out of curiosity I yahoo searched "Pipe Salesman" and most of the sites are these plumbing pipes so I guess there are such people! But interestingly, I then yahoo searched "Pipes for sale" and the sites that come up for this are all the tobacco and smoking kinds of pipes! So I wonder which Mr. Bill Smith from Cedar Rapids, IA is. Did SS intend him to be a tobacco pipe salesman as a little humor for the parents watching along, or did they simply mean he sells pipes for plumbing purposes. :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That would make an interesting fan fic. Bill Smith, what he does for a living. After all, as far is I know he wasn't on the show other than in that one sketch, so his true identity is left to the imagination.

Sunrise

Reaction score
It's so good to see all the new animated clips on there. I'm always trying to get hold of those because it seems like anytime a collection comes out, the animated bits get shortchanged in favor of character-oriented stuff. Not that I begrudge getting as much muppet material as can be squeezed onto a disc, but I hate for all those little animation clips to be lost. It seems like people don't want to bother uploading them because some of them are so short and obscure, but I, for one, appreciate them.

I wish someone could dig up that animated clip of that wacky "O" song with the nonsense lyrics about a boy climbing a stone made of O's...closer to the bulldozer...which closed up the hole, so the cold wind could not blow...etc. I know it's been bandied about elsewhere, and it seems that particular clip will remain lost to the ages, because nobody seems to have it.

I also wish we could get a clip of Ernie singing, "Imagine That." It seems like every DVD SW puts out has his rendition of "Don't Want to Live on the Moon," but "Imagine That" gets no love, at least none that I've seen.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah. That would make an interesting fan fic. Bill Smith, what he does for a living. After all, as far is I know he wasn't on the show other than in that one sketch, so his true identity is left to the imagination.
Heh heh, perhaps Mr. Smith sold his plane and then retired. Or maybe he learned how to be a pilot. :smile:

There were a lot of really funny things in that skit. I love how when Guy Smiley introduces Bill, he just walks on the stage and says nothing and Guy doesn't say hello or ask him any basic questions. And the way Bill says, "A cookie? when he's told that's his consolation prize. And also when Cookie Monster picks a number and it's a jet plane you can hear both Bill Smith and Cookie Monster groaning in disappointment! Oh and yet one more great line: "No can eat jet plane!"

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! There's a ton of great stuff on there!! Brings back many childhood memories :smile:

~Dana~

good bye fly

Reaction score
Hi sorry it's been ages I'd love to see my little game with susan and sing in the shower with oliva if anyone has any of these thanks:smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Twiddlebug said:
I just watched a couple of these and I think its great. Great to see the old bits that were truely classic. I watched the "Kermit News & the Wrong Seven Dwarfs" and one of the Chris Surf music bits. I like these old bits better than the newer stuff. Am I still stuck in the seventies and eighties? Maybe.:sing:
Heck, I'm stuck in the 70s, 80s, and previous, and I was born in '82. But I was always a little adult, so it's a moot point. Nice to have you back, Twiddlebug. How's everything?

Some on my wishlist:
-"I Want a Monster to be my Friend" (I have never seen this)
-"Front and Back Blue Danube" (seems like no one has this)
-"F-an, N-et" (hapless purple soprano performed by Richard- seems like nobody's even heard of this one)
-"Some, None, All" (with the Mahna Mahna-esque character from "Fat Scat")
-"Big, Bigger, Biggest" (green monster, orange monster from "C is for Cookie", and small pink monster from "C is for Cookie" and "One, Two, Three. Three Monsters.")
-"Readers of the Open Range"

What format are these clips in, anyhow? I have slow dial-up, and I think the only up-to-date (?) video format on my computer is QuickTime.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole