Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Ziffel

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
Great to hear this one again. I always liked both Joe Raposo's singing in this song and the background music throughout. And by the way, from my memories of this song from the early seventies, I don't remember the footage of all these children at the zoo looking at the kangaroos. I just recall the entire segment being of the kangaroos. So what I'm wondering is if this is one of those song segments where they remade the visuals but kept the same audio (as with "Everybody eats", "Everybody sleeps", "Somebody come and play", etc.)

PiLfan said:
Song "I'm an aardvark"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJe4gmxlbI
(could've sworm i uploaded this before, but seems to be missing, so here it is again)
Hey I'm an aardvark too (see avatar!).

Another great song by Raposo and great music. Just much shorter than most Raposo classics, though.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
By the way, where is that aardvark from? I KNOW it looks familiar, but I can't remember! I keep wanting to say "Rocky and Bullwinkle", but I think that's off.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Great to hear this one again. I always liked both Joe Raposo's singing in this song and the background music throughout. And by the way, from my memories of this song from the early seventies, I don't remember the footage of all these children at the zoo looking at the kangaroos. I just recall the entire segment being of the kangaroos. So what I'm wondering is if this is one of those song segments where they remade the visuals but kept the same audio (as with "Everybody eats", "Everybody sleeps", "Somebody come and play", etc.)

Hey I'm an aardvark too (see avatar!).

Another great song by Raposo and great music. Just much shorter than most Raposo classics, though.
those weren't the original films for those songs.

PiLfan

Reaction score
Ziffel said:

I'm pretty sure this is new footage...i vaguely recall the originally, and it was only kangaroos i think. The original footage with the kangaroos is still there in this clip (i think, at least it looks it), but some of it's been overlapped with shots of kids at the zoo.

the "bird on me" song appears to be the original footage.

i can't tell if the aardvark is the original footage or not.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
As far as the aardvark goes, it's the footage I remember seeing as a child, as far as I can tell- which could still be newer footage, of course.
But it's nice to have the songs in some format, in any case.
And thanks for the info, Grover. That's EXACTLY where I'd seen that!
:smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I also think the aardvark segment is the original film. Looks exactly the same as I remember it. And the bird on me segment is definitely the orignal. I remember those giraffe scenes just like that. Plus you can tell by the color and film quality that it has that early 70's look. And thanks for the confirmation about the kangaroo one (that the original did not have footage of children). Actually, I really only remember one single large kangaroo in the entire original film. So I think the footage of these multiple kangaroos in the zoo is probably new too.
And yes that is who the aardvark avatar is from. I did a thread several months ago called "the ant and the aardvark", and included a site where you can watch all the cartoons they made. Here's the thread

Neros Urameshi

Reaction score
Clips I REALLY want badly

I love the rap songs and other songs I claim that are my favorites. They gave me an er***tion. Here's a list of the songs I liked a lot.

Face Facts (Those two girls are so s*xy, especially when they dance)

Not With Litter (Rap song with kids cleaning up trash in a park in a timelapse)

Toothpaste Factory Rap (How Do They Get The Toothpaste In The Tube?)

Box City Recyclin' Rap (Kids building things with boxes and stuff)

The number segments (These are what I really love: 13, 15, 17, 19)

Circles Rap

Cecile intro

Letter and shape segments (With kids dancing; C- Circle, S- Square and T- Triangle)

P- Party (With kids dancing, and one girl blowing out the candles)

At School

Happy Birthday (A woman's voice said it in a rap way with s*xy sounds and rap-like music)

We Got the Power (Computer rap segment)

That's What's Best About Getting Dressed

Faces Rap

My New Computer

Body Dance

Take Care of That Smile

No Matter What (Kids changing a big multi-colored ball)

That's all the clips I want. Could someone PLEASE find them for me?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Lyrics to the Kangaroo song

I can't find the lyrics to the Kangaroo song on any SS lyrics site, so I thought I'd write them out from listening to the video that was recently uploaded on youtube that we discussed. And maybe there's some here who are unable to view youtube videos and haven't seen it.

Hey what do you do?
When you're a kangaroo
A livin' all day-ay
inside a zoo

What do you do?
When you're a kangaroo
And someone else's apartment
is a part of you

All the animals travel a happy road
They run, they swim, they fly
But a kangaroo carries a heavy load
cuz there's somethin' in your pocket that you can't deny
and folks are always starin' at you me oh my! (Ho! [Joe laughs] )

Hey what do you do?
When you're a kangaroo
And you're livin' every lonely day
as a part of the zoo

Be grateful it's not you
uh who's the kangaroo
uh coz you're never gonna worry
yeah just what you're gonna do

bein' a kangaroo
a neglected kangaroo
a lonesome kangaroo

------------

I just love this song by Joe Raposo. Thanks for submitting it, PiLfan.