Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
I have more requests:

1. "Grover Attemps to Surprise Ernie (Herry in Ernie's shirt and hair) from 1970.

2. Kermit counting eggs and chickens from 1970.

3. The Four Mysterious Dragons sketch from 1971.

4. Big Kids Cry, sung by three tough looking AM kids from 1982.

5. Herry's triangle search from 1970 (as seen in Season 1 of Play With Me Sesame).

6. Ernie and Cookie Monster putting things into groups from 1970.

7. AM aliens reciting the alphabet from 1971.

8. Ernie cleaning the house in 15 seconds from 1969.

9. AM kids playing hide & seek from 1971.

10. Beetles sing "Thinking of U" from 1981.

Well, #8 used to be up there. I remember seeing it on You Tube a while ago. It would be nice to see that one. BTW, the bellhop cartoons are still on the show every once in a while. I've seen at least one of them played this season. Just thought I'd bring that up.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Looks like that film was made elsewhere instead of NYC. Notice how some of those secnes have palm trees? Just an Observation.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here are some requests I would so love to see on Youtube. :smile:

An S cartoon about a seal telling a story about silly sailors.

A funky crayon like cartoon with a song, "1,2,3,4,5"

A C cartoon where a crew of a ship eats all the food onboard, including the cork, which causes the ship to sink.

Guy Smiley hosting the Mr. and Mrs. Game.

The King of Y

The King's Picnic.

Those neat word family songs about, AN, ET, IG, OP, UN.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Almost forgot...

Someone else already requested this, but I would love to see "Big Kids Cry" again! Isn't it sung by 2 male Muppets and one female, and aren't they respectively blue, lavender, and green? Also, didn't they wear leather jackets? I'd love to know all the details. I looked up the lyrics online today and instantly remembered what that song was because of all the crying noises used and because of the line, "If you're feeling down or misunderstood..." If I'm not mistaken, the last part of this song was featured on the VH1 special that aired awhile ago about Sesame Street.

PinballStewie

P.S. It's interesting to know this came out in 1982; seems a bit later like when "The Letter N" and "Wet Paint" came out.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
I found one of my old favorites: "J- Jump"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YhSWQauqAI
Okay, that song is similar to what I'm looking for, but not quite. There was a kid's version on my Original Cast record album with a Big Bird intro. It starts with him talking and no music:

BIG BIRD: A poem that I wrote about my very favorite letter of The Alphabet, by Big Bird. (clears throat)

Today I wrote a poem
And I put it in my book
It's about a certain letter
That's shaped sort of like a hook
It's a very special letter
And I like it quite a lot
The big one has a line on top
The small one has a dot
It comes at the beginning of a word like jellybeans
Or John, or Jane, or Jenny
Or a brand new pair of jeans
You'll find it in The Alphabet
Between the I and K
And if you haven't guessed by now
Well, it's the letter J!

And then the song starts up with the kids singing it. Don't get me wrong, I think Raposo has a great singing voice, I just like the version I used to hear from my childhood. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
Okay, that song is similar to what I'm looking for, but not quite. There was a kid's version on my Original Cast record album with a Big Bird intro. It starts with him talking and no music:

BIG BIRD: A poem that I wrote about my very favorite letter of The Alphabet, by Big Bird. (clears throat)

Today I wrote a poem
And I put it in my book
It's about a certain letter
That's shaped sort of like a hook
It's a very special letter
And I like it quite a lot
The big one has a line on top
The small one has a dot
It comes at the beginning of a word like jellybeans
Or John, or Jane, or Jenny
Or a brand new pair of jeans
You'll find it in The Alphabet
Between the I and K
And if you haven't guessed by now
Well, it's the letter J!

And then the song starts up with the kids singing it. Don't get me wrong, I think Raposo has a great singing voice, I just like the version I used to hear from my childhood. :smile:
I had that record! But someone took it from me,saying it was theirs!:rolleyes: It wasn't though.