New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

pressedsilk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Thanks so much for the information. I just finished teaching another mini course about Jim Henson and the Muppets.

I can't believe that there are so many youth that have no idea who the Muppets are and how they were created.

Most of these children are in third grade and they didn't know about the Muppet Show or the Muppet Movies.

Thanks to this forum, I've learned even more information to pass onto the next generation! We watched some clips from the first season of the Muppets. The kids loved the program. I passed on the contact information about the Muppet Forum and I'm hoping the parents and students will come and check it out.:smile:

swtnikki

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for some time now, but finally decided to join. I'm 29 years old from Sparta, NJ. I got married on June 16 down in Walt Disney World. Sometimes I kid around with my husband saying, "Wouldn't it be funny if the Sweedish Chef brought out the cake?" :hungry:

Anyway, I grew up with Sesame Street, 3-2-1 Contact, Fraggle Rock, and all that nice Muppet goodies. I have the complete Fraggle Rock box set, along with Muppet DVD's. I even have Muppet music on my Ipod.

See you around on the forum! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for some time now, but finally decided to join. I'm 29 years old from Sparta, NJ. I got married on June 16 down in Walt Disney World. Sometimes I kid around with my husband saying, "Wouldn't it be funny if the Sweedish Chef brought out the cake?" :hungry:

Anyway, I grew up with Sesame Street, 3-2-1 Contact, Fraggle Rock, and all that nice Muppet goodies. I have the complete Fraggle Rock box set, along with Muppet DVD's. I even have Muppet music on my Ipod.

See you around on the forum! :smile:
Hello to you and how do you do! Glad you're joined us! Hope you like it here!

Hello to everybody new! :smile:

fendi001

Reaction score

Hi everyone, I've been a fan for a long time I try and collect everything I can. a year ago I finally got into the computer world , and found a whole more :big_grin: I spend alot of time looking for something I dont have ,something's I can get, something's I cant:cry: . I'm single , and LOVE the Muppets . I came across this Forum , I think throgh Amazon. And I hope everyone will help me find new stuff :excited: Talk to you later Fendi

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been a fan for a long time I try and collect everything I can. a year ago I finally got into the computer world , and found a whole more :big_grin: I spend alot of time looking for something I dont have ,something's I can get, something's I cant:cry: . I'm single , and LOVE the Muppets . I came across this Forum , I think throgh Amazon. And I hope everyone will help me find new stuff :excited: Talk to you later Fendi
Hello! Glad you found us! Good luck with muppet hunting!

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Hello there...I'm not new per se but I am kinda renewed. I joined a while ago and went dormant but now I'm back. Some may know me from the ol' Palisades forum and may still know me over at CMX but I am a huge Muppet and Jim Henson fan. I am enjoying introducing the Muppets to my 4 kids (6, 4, 2.5, 2.5) and seeing everything through their eyes.

Hopefully I can contribute a little here and there and people enjoy my contributions.

Look forward to "meeting" all of you!

Nick22

Reaction score
welcome to everyone! hope you enjoy being here at MC!

rachelabc123

Reaction score
Hello!

I enjoy making puppets! I'm in the process of canning blueberries and figs (they won't wait) and the next thing on my list is to finish some blacklight puppets. I've enjoyed perusing ideas and suggestions from expert puppet builders. Thanks!

John Miner

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am soo-oo glad to be back with the group again. As of now I am working on a puppet ministry with my wife Susan entitled "The Prodigal" and will soon perform at different vacation bible school areas after we are finished one week before end of this month. However I got word from my friend Mark Carrigan of The Puppet People (Schenectady, NY) about my old friend Paul Vincent Davis's condition (He couldn't hardly walk, for one thing) and learned that he's looking for someone to replace him. Are there any candidates on the list? I have known and have worked with Paul many years ago while on tour with him in NYC during and after my college days. I first met him Maryland introduced by another hard-of-hearing puppeteer friend David Lee Malhoyt of Virginia. I hope that Paul is doing well for now and remembers me from long ago. He's a wonderful puppeteer I ever got to know of him, and I would like call him Professor Davis with affection and all due respect. Love to hear from you guys and thanks!

jazzmandon

Reaction score
Well hello everyone out there in cyberspace!
My name is Don Davis, and I live in Youngstown, Ohio (but don't hold that against me!). I'm 62 (almost), and I remember the Muppets from way back when. I have a little boy named Benjamin who is 2, and that's how I got "Muppetized" all over again, because he's nuts about Sesame Street. I'm probably older than most (if not all) of you, but I'm very IMMATURE, so it's OK. My wife is a good deal younger than me, and that's why I'm a father at this tender age! His name is Benjamin, and he's the focal point of my life. Phyllis (my better half) works, and I'm retired / disabled and have the wonderful privilege of raising my son at home and guiding his development. I taught school for ten years, so I'm teaching him here at home. Sesame Street, and a couple other PBS shows, are the "tools" I use for his early education. I have never seen any better instructional material than that found on Sesame Street, and it is such a BLESSING to have access to all the materials offered. Jim Henson (may he rest in peace) was an absolute GENIUS, and if there's some kind of "hall of fame" for educators he should be at the top!
I discovered this forum by accident, and I'm really looking forward to communicating with all of you. I think this is really cool, and my kudos to those who run this site. So, that's my "intro", I guess. I'll just throw a couple other tidbits out before I go, so you can all get a better idea of who I am.
I love to joke around, as evidenced by my picture under my signature (yeah, that's really ME!), and I can't help it... it's allmost like a DISEASE! I used to do stand-up comedy back in the 70's, and I can't get rid of the urge to put in a one-liner in almost everything. I'm a jazz musician too, although I don't play out anymore because of my disability - a back condition that I have. I love to create with WOOD, and I make things with woodburning and carving (dremmel). I don't know ANYTHING about sports (except that a baseball looks different than a hockey puck), I'm Jewish, I think Groucho Marx is the comedy god, I have two Schnauzers (Gunther and Clarice), no goldfish, and I try to keep my room clean. I guess that's about all. So......HELLO EVERYBODY!
-The Jazzman