Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Grover at the Library

I just saw the Grover skit today and didn't know till now that we could see Nelson's head who was working the libranian muppet.

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
I would like to see the Near far song with monsters in it
The sketch drawing hands (the one with the ringing phone) and any others with the hand in it.
Any old cartoons or puppet sketches from the early 70's.
The sketch with the snake climbing the tree.
Any Muppet sketch where the Muppets run up to the camera at the end (sans the ones that have already been found).
That's all for now.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ten clips I'd love to see on YouTube

Are any of these clips already viewable on YouTube? Failing that, does anyone have copies that could be uploaded? Please let me know...

1. The rest of the "Jazzy Spies" series (I've already seen #2, #6 and #7 there).
  2. The destroyed-numeral cartoon about counting to 20, in which Cookie Monster has a cameo part devouring "17!" :wink:
  3. The "3" film with a ball rolling on a wire "roller coaster", and revealing the numbers 1-3 as it triggers various mechanisms along the way. (If possible, I'd prefer the "sundae" version to the "ground-up ball" version.)
  4. A Spanish "O" cartoon which lacked an English version: the story centers on a girl named Olga, who befriends a bear named Oscar(!) and rescues a golden jar of oysters from an ogre.
  5. A conversation between Grover and a (real) little girl, in which she identifies the word "love" and equates love with hugging. :flirt:
  6. Another word-identification clip with Grover, a real child, and lots of hugs: this time the word is "stop", which inspires Grover to play "the hug/stop game".
  7. A very short cartoon about the word "love"; it depicts two arms hugging the word (after which "love" appears alone on a red heart).
  8. Herry Monster's "HUG" clip (in which he sounds out the word and puts it together).
  9. "Go Ahead and Touch" (may not be the official title, but the song played with this clip sounds like Joe Raposo's work).
  10. "I Think That It Is Wonderful" (as sung by five monsters at bedtime).

PiLfan

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
[*]A Spanish "O" cartoon which lacked an English version: the story centers on a girl named Olga, who befriends a bear named Oscar(!) and rescues a golden jar of oysters from an ogre.
This one is on there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77e6O_hoYEI&search=sesame street olga

[*]A very short cartoon about the word "love"; it depicts two arms hugging the word (after which "love" appears alone on a red heart).
this one used to be on there i think, but may have been removed.

[*]"Go Ahead and Touch" (may not be the official title, but the song played with this clip sounds like Joe Raposo's work).
this was also on there a short while ago, but was also removed by the user. don't know why though :mad:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After watching a few clips, I was wondering if anybody could tell me who performed the following characters:

Cookie Monster's grandmother in the Sesame Street News: Little Red Riding Hood sketch.

The Dentist in the sketch where Grover puts teeth in Kermit's mouth.

I have a feeling that these performers wer either Michael Earl Davis or Brian Meuhl, but I do not know for sure (part of me wants to think that Cookie Monster's grandmother was performed by Caroll Spinney, but I think that might be wrong).

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Cookie Monster's grandmother in the Sesame Street News: Little Red Riding Hood sketch.
That was Kathy Mullen.

minor muppetz said:
The Dentist in the sketch where Grover puts teeth in Kermit's mouth.
That was Brian Muehl.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well been a while since I've posted here. I've been glad seeing youtube continues having more vintage SS segments. The latest one I see is the animated number elimination one. And it's interesting, as the person who submitted it mentioned, that the word "character" was spelled incorrectly (as 'charactor'). Pretty bizarre for a children's educational show to do that and not notice. Unless, I wonder, if it was deliberate because it was called "cast of charactors" (since the numbers are called a cast in order of appearance as if they were television stars, perhaps they spelled it charACTORS to be amusing).
Lots of really other great ones in recent times. Like I was so pleased a few weeks ago to get to see that skit again with the lady AM wishing to purchase a furry and blue dress and she ends up putting the passerby Cookie Monster around her. Love the line where the salesman muppet says, "Ah yes madam has peculiar tastes" and she says, "What a nice man, such nice service here!"
Also very happy to see the Virgil Veep v segment, the number painters 5,9 and 10 sketches,the Kermit and Grover skit where Kermit tickles Grover for a LONG time, the very old Jim and Buddy hanging a picture segment, the geefle and the gonk (and yes, no question about it, the geefle says "Shirley" at the conclusion, not "sharing" as I thought just might have been the case),
the great "Adding is putting together" sketch with CM and the hip AM, the Ernie and Bert skit with the above tenant dropping two shoes at night (Bert seemed fairly impatient and unreasonable with Ernie during this one. I can see why he was upset at the end for Ernie follishly waking him up just to tell him the other shoe dropped. But before that, I would think he shouldn't have been irritated at Ernie just because Ernie decided to lay there awake until both shoes dropped. After all, Ernie kept getting his sleep disturbed in previosu night, as he said), the guy teaching kids about rythym by the beach, the Herbet Birdsfoot skit with the delivery man muppet (hilarious when he sarcastically says, "Not until you make the sound!") , the falling down baker #6 segment, and so much more!
Oh and fun to see that one again where Luis and Maria ate the telephone and CM says, "Me no understand."
Three that come to mind that would be fascinating to see again would be where Ernie counts to ten and keeps starting over, where Ernie scares Bert when he says, "Hi Bert it's time for our checker game", and the Joe Raposo sketch where he goes out on the NYCity streets hunting for a 20 (that's a 2 and a zero. Together!).
Ohhhh and also recently uploaded was the classic "As I was going to St. Ives" segment.
Boy with classic SS I can just go on and on so I'll close for now. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Brand new one on youtube today that I just viewed - "Sesame Street Signs Alphabet". Great fun seeing and hearing this one again! I love the music throughout as the camera goes all over various signs and fixtures in early 70's NYCity with the voice of an unseen boy enthusiastically shouting out the letters as they come from a to z. It always seemed to me the boy was particularly excited with calling out the letters f, s, and x. Guess he likes the "eh" sound.