New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the group, and have come here because of my desire for everything Sesame Street and Muppets.

My name is Benjamin, but I like to be called either Ben or, preferably, Mario, the latter name being chosen in relation to my other favorite pastime, video games, which among them is Nintendo's Mario (who appeared in Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong, Jr., Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers, and all related spinoffs).

My favorite Sesame Street moments:
*Early Big Bird voice (this lasted for roughly two-thirds of SS's first season of 1969-70; the voice Caroll Spinney used for this incarnation of BB sounds roughly like that of Bullwinkle J. Moose of Rocky & Bullwinkle, and Hanna-Barbera's Dynomutt: Dog Wonder, to name a few; however, I will not mention that one purple dinosaur)
*The 1985 movie Follow That Bird, in which our 8-foot-2 hero is chosen for adoption to a dodo family living in Oceanview, IL, courtesy of Miss Finch and her company, the Feathered Friends. The big journey starts when Big Bird sneakily escapes from his adopted family back to Sesame Street.
*The song "AB-C-DEF-GHI," for which Big Bird can't decipher the true meaning of this "word," which is really the alphabet and is pronounced as its individual letters, not as "ab-kah-def-gee-jekyll ..."

~Ben (BigBirdABCDEFGH)

Rosie H

Reaction score
Just to say Hi

Hello everyone, I joined today, I make cloth dolls and I'm now starting to learn how to make foam puppet, this is a great place to learn many things, I look forward to getting to know everyone. xx

fendi001

Reaction score
Hi New members,welcome. I'm a new newbie myself , I love the Muppets , (my favorite being Miss Piggy ). you'll find this site fun and informative. Welcome and have fun:smile:

muppetfan1999

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm a brand new forum member and a some- what new fan of the Muppets. My favorite Muppet characters include The Swedish Chef:hungry:, Ernie:stick_out_tongue:, and Animal:halo:, along with many more. I am still a kid and I'm pretty sure that makes you guys happy because I'm a young Muppet fan. Well, I can't to start posting on the forum.

Peaches

Reaction score
Hello

Hi all!

I have been lurking about for about two weeks now and decided to go ahead and post up!

I started looking for ways to make puppets for a creative arts class I am taking in college. I am an "old" student, going for my BA in Early childhood. In this class we are going to be required to make a puppet as a project. Former students have always made the traditional sock puppet that we all made in elementary school. Well in my research of looking for something original I found many sites and videos on many fantastic muppet/puppets. Now I think I may be hooked!

I have come up with so many ideas of puppets that I could use in intriguing small children into learning. I am extremely excited about incorporating puppets into lessons.

I have ordered my first pattern and am waiting anxiously for it to arrive from project puppet. This maybe one of the most interesting projects I have done for school and my darling 3 year old daughter is all about helping me :embarrassed: .

While waiting on my pattern to arrive I pulled a pattern off the internet and FINALLY got it to print out correctly. Instead of wasting my foam I made a head by taping paper together just to get an idea of how it will look. I now have this large (going to have to cut the pattern down some I think) head sitting beside me. But it does look pretty cool for my first "puppet mock up".

Ok I have rambled enough. I do want to say thank you all so much for all the wonderful information I have discovered here so far. I look forward to venturing into a new hobby that I really think will be a great aspect for my classroom when I graduate!

Bumblebeez

Reaction score
I've been looking at this site for a few days now and I finally decide to join to get my specific questions answered and dish out knowledge in the future when I'm an old pro at it. I haven't made a puppet yet but I'm beginning to look at books, patterns, etc. I can't wait to make my first puppet!

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Nice to meet you!

Hello, everybodeeeeeee!:super:

Nice to meet you, I'm Kitt. I think that Jim Henson and his friends that worked with him are so wonderful. They really have helped many children (and adults) to become literate, to achieve numeracy, to be comforted, and to just plain have fun. I would say my favorite muppet from Sesame Street is Cookie Monster, he's so much fun! As far as The Muppet Show goes, I like Janice best of all. You know how it is, guitarists run in packs..lol! :wink:

I have many old Sesame Street videos from Random House, and have Old School Volumes 1 and 2. I do hope that Volume 3 will be released sometime soon. I also have quite a few Fraggle Rock video tapes, Muppet Movies, and The Muppet Show seasons 1-3. The fourth is coming out next year....can't wait to get that one!:excited: Have a good evening, everyone...and hope to talk to you all again soon.

Your dear friend,
Kitt

andrew123

Reaction score
Hello friends, I am andrew and just entered here, I really lukcy to get such kind of community and hope you all will join me.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a new member here on MC but I have been a long time lurker and I've finally decided to create an account. I've been a muppet fan all my life so far. It started when I was young and loved Sesame Street. I then grew to love the muppet movies and then The Muppet Show. I am now here on MC to discuss with other muppet fans. I will probably be in the fanfic area alot and, heck, I might even write a story. We'll see. I hope to have a lot of fun here! Thank you!

-Bannanasketch