Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

zns

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Which song is that?
It was set up like a scene from a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie. Maria is shown wearing a long pink ballgown while Luis is in top hat and tails with a cain included. They dance throughout the number explaining the meaning of the word Hola and how it means hello in spanish. Does that help you out a bit?

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
There's a few I'd Like to see

- I 8 the sandbox bit
- Oklahoma with Forgetfull Jones
- Muppets: Celebration of 30 years(Not Really Sesame Street)
- 1st and 3rd version of Rubber Duckie
- The Human cast first see Snuffy
- Bert and Ernie sing things that I remember
- 2nd Version of La La La with Ernie and Bert

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...and I'd also like to see the appearance from the Dick Cavett Special (Cookie, Oscar, Big Bird...others possibly?) How about the pitch reel from 1969?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
OK, I saw this the other day, and maybe I'm stupid, but I don't get the joke at the end where Ernie says the box only makes A's on sunshine(or something like that). Was this a cultural reference from that time period?
I didn't get it at first either, Mickey, but I think I've figured it out.

Apparently, young people in love were once told that they should "only make hay while the sun shines." (that is, don't do anything a married couple would do!) That fits with Ernie's comment that the machine "only makes 'A' while the sun shines."

===================================================

A posting about YouTube, with a list of noteable clips:

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com/2007/01/year-more-or-less-of-youtube.html

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I would like to see that short I remember seeing where the humans were on a real street. They see a garbage truck stop and it's Oscar. They chat for a while and he drives off. Anyway, it was a pretty cool scene.

And, there was also this one where Cookie is about to have some sort of party, and he snoozes off, and dreams about seeing a gigantic cookie, which he is about to chomp on, but it COMES TO LIFE! :eek: The cookie tells him that he should eat much "healthier" foods. When Cookie wakes up, he "talks" to a cookie (an ordinary one) and wonders if it wants to be eaten...and so he goes ahead with it.

What I would also like to see someday (or ASAP):
-Bert's marching band
-Oscar's cooking show
-Oscar presents: the warthog
-Characters say the alphabet (4th season premiere)
-Mr. Hooper and Cookie Monster match cookies
-Oscar shows Gordon his new hat, and wants him to put it on him
-Big Bird opens Hooper's Store
-Oscar and kids talk about being angry
-Hawaii scenes

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
sesameguy said:
I didn't get it at first either, Mickey, but I think I've figured it out.

Apparently, young people in love were once told that they should "only make hay while the sun shines." (that is, don't do anything a married couple would do!) That fits with Ernie's comment that the machine "only makes 'A' while the sun shines."

===================================================

A posting about YouTube, with a list of noteable clips:

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com/2007/01/year-more-or-less-of-youtube.html
Thanks. I knew it must have been some cultural reference from that time period. I wonder why they would have used such a reference since kids probably wouldn't have gotten the joke.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
I would like to see that short I remember seeing where the humans were on a real street. They see a garbage truck stop and it's Oscar. They chat for a while and he drives off. Anyway, it was a pretty cool scene.
I have seen a book about saturday morning television, which features a picture of Oscar in the drivers seat of a garbage truck. Luis and a kid were also in the picture.