Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
oh, ok....I asked about this a while ago, but does ANYONE happen to know where I can find the 2-part sketch where Cookie is sleeping over Ernie's and has a nightmare about singing cookies floating over him?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I want to watch an 80's clip where foods in refridgerator argue and cooperate to make themselves a sandwich. Does anyone have one?

JLG

Reaction score
sorry if someone has asked for this already, but does anyone have the 2-part sketch where cookie is sleeping over ernie's and has a nightmare that he is in a bakery surrounded by floating, singing cookies? I remember seeing that when I was younger but only remember ernie screaming "AAAAHHH! there's a monster in my bed!" and cookie in the bakery with the cookies floating over him.

thanks a million!
~Dana (formerly Fuzzy and Blue)~

I have that (in #2504 from 1988), but unfortunately I don't have the gear for uploading VHS clips. But it's on my list of things to buy once I get some solid financial ground under my feet (I'm a-workin' on it....), so until then, at least you know I'm the guy out there who has it!

Of course, I copied that episode for Muppet Dude and Boober Gorg, so they should have it too. :wink:

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
ok thanks JLG! I will contact one of them to see if they can send it to me.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC7zZMj4aNg

Sesame Street sure had something for MTV back in the 80's and early 90's.
LOL. It sounds like Nora Nicks was announcing the video you put the link to here. Love how the Spin Doctors are actual doctors, too (kinda like the Counting Crows parody where the band consists of actual crows that count).

For awhile now, I've had an idea for a song that could've been done on SS in the '80s about the number 9 that would be a parody of Tommy Tutone's "867-5309/Jenny". I always picture Chris Cerf as the lead vocalist for "Tommy Twocount" (the name of the band who would do this song). What do you think? If you think this sounds cool, maybe I could send you lyrics.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
nice idea, pinballstewie! even if it never appeared on the show it would be cool to see if you could create it yourself and then post it on youtube for all of us to see!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Pardon the pun, but count me in...I'd love to at least read the lyrics, although MeWantCookie's idea of doing your own clip on YouTube sounds great too.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Here it is folks...

Pardon the pun, but count me in...I'd love to at least read the lyrics, although MeWantCookie's idea of doing your own clip on YouTube sounds great too.
I don't mean the whole thing about posting the song on YouTube 'cuz I dunno how to do that, but here are the lyrics!

VERSE 1:

Baby, baby, what can I count to?
Give me a number I can count up to
I know you think I'm like the other counters before
Who could only count to 1, 2, 3, or 4

CHORUS:

Baby, I've got a number
I can count up to 9
I'm countin' up to that number
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ni-ee-i-ine
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

VERSE 2:

Baby, baby, 9's the number for me
Countin' up to 9 makes me feel happy
I tried to count to 10 but I lost count
I tried counting up to 20, but I don't know the amount

(CHORUS)

BRIDGE:

I'm countin'
(I'm countin')
I'm countin', Yeah I'm countin' up to 9
I'm countin'
(I'm countin')
And it sure feels...
And it sure feels fine!

(GUITAR SOLO)
(CHORUS)

POST-CHORUS:

Baby, baby what can I count to? (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Oh yeah, 9 is the number I can always count up to (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
(repeat last two lines until fade)

That's it! Lemme know how you like it!