Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello to all... Please remember that this thread is meant for posting whatever Sesame Street treasures you may find at www.youtube.com and discussion related to those clips.
If you feel that you need to comment on any one clip particularly to a greater degree or any issues you may have with www.youtube.com, please post in the appropriate Youtube thread in the On the Web section of the forum. Thanks and have a good night

hemlock

Reaction score
Hi. I'm curious to know, is there any chance that other Five Dancers segment will appear?

Steve

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Here and There

There was a hillarious sketch of Sesame Street, apparantly in the first season, named "Here and There".
It appears on the Muppet Wiki at http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Here_and_There

This sketch is maybe the most famous sesame sketch in Israel, with numerous replications of the dubbed video appearing on You-Tube, yet I could hardly find any reference to it by non Israelis. :sympathy:

Does anyone here have the original, english-speaking, sketch? :confused:

PinballStewie

Reaction score
"Learning About Letters"

Yep it's finally been posted! If you want I'll give you the link later. That being said, I'm wondering why they only showed clips for C, F, G, H, K, L, M, O, R, and V and no other letters (I don't count the one about the king banishing the letter P as one since it was shown AFTER they went through the alphabet.) I always thought there were more skits on it, but I guess not. They had pretty good skits for the letters they chose, but I would've added:

A - the ape on the train
B - "Letter B" by the Beetles
D - Daddy Dear
E - See...me...eating a peach
H - Mad scientist invents capital H
I - the song about the guy taking the letter i on a trip in his car
J - J Family Jamboree
L - "Rebel L" by Billy Idle
M - the one with the conductor saying "My Music" (though 3 skits for one letter might be too much, so I would've kept Kermit's "magic fingers" skit and left out "Mmm...Monster Meal")
N - "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics
P - Kermit News Flash about Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers
Q - the cartoon about the letter q being a "funny-looking thing"
S - Sammy the Snake
T - t for toes
U - the "Indian Love Call" parody (a.k.a. "When I'm Calling U")
W - the "Dragnet" parody
X - the Salvador Dali-esque cartoon with flute music about the letter x
Y - The Yellow Yahoo
Z - "ZZ Blues" by Over the Top

Anyone else feel the way I do about "Learning About Letters"? If so, what would you have put on it?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Count me in for that link, please...

Never having seen the "Learning About Letters" DVD, I'm basing my opinion on your description: It does seem odd that an alphabet-teaching collection would exclude some letters, show multiple skits for another letter, and put one letter clip out of order at the end. That kind of arrangement spells S-L-O-P-P-Y J-O-B to me...:wink: Sesame Workshop ought to redo the disc as "Learning About Letters 2" and fix the problems you named.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yep it's finally been posted! If you want I'll give you the link later. That being said, I'm wondering why they only showed clips for C, F, G, H, K, L, M, O, R, and V and no other letters (I don't count the one about the king banishing the letter P as one since it was shown AFTER they went through the alphabet.) I always thought there were more skits on it, but I guess not. They had pretty good skits for the letters they chose, but I would've added:

A - the ape on the train
B - "Letter B" by the Beetles
D - Daddy Dear
E - See...me...eating a peach
H - Mad scientist invents capital H
I - the song about the guy taking the letter i on a trip in his car
J - J Family Jamboree
L - "Rebel L" by Billy Idle
M - the one with the conductor saying "My Music" (though 3 skits for one letter might be too much, so I would've kept Kermit's "magic fingers" skit and left out "Mmm...Monster Meal")
N - "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics
P - Kermit News Flash about Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers
Q - the cartoon about the letter q being a "funny-looking thing"
S - Sammy the Snake
T - t for toes
U - the "Indian Love Call" parody (a.k.a. "When I'm Calling U")
W - the "Dragnet" parody
X - the Salvador Dali-esque cartoon with flute music about the letter x
Y - The Yellow Yahoo
Z - "ZZ Blues" by Over the Top

Anyone else feel the way I do about "Learning About Letters"? If so, what would you have put on it?
They should've also added "Be My D" by Di Di O Day and the Dew Drops.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Count me in for that link, please...

Never having seen the "Learning About Letters" DVD, I'm basing my opinion on your description: It does seem odd that an alphabet-teaching collection would exclude some letters, show multiple skits for another letter, and put one letter clip out of order at the end. That kind of arrangement spells S-L-O-P-P-Y J-O-B to me...:wink: Sesame Workshop ought to redo the disc as "Learning About Letters 2" and fix the problems you named.
The footage is on a youtube member named barneyandfriend's page. It should be the second and third pages in.