Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

mikealan

Reaction score
Is Kidsongstvshow the one that keeps putting full videos up in parts? I think that person was suspended like 15 times already. You see, it's something like that that endangers people who want to put up short ,<5 minute videos, like Isnorden, who was actually thrreatened with legal action. If that member can come her and ellaborate on the problems, that would be great.
Actually, kidsongstvshow was the one who posted Old School Noggin commericals and a couple of Sesame Street songs such as "We All Sing With the Same Voice" and "Who Am I."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, kidsongstvshow was the one who posted Old School Noggin commericals and a couple of Sesame Street songs such as "We All Sing With the Same Voice" and "Who Am I."
Noggin. no wonder. it wasn't so much SW's problem as Viacom's...again.

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
Does anyone have the video in which the kids are at a tribal dance class/drum circle? It would mean a lot if you had it! I remember being 3 when that came out. It involved a lot of drumming and shouting "HA!" every so often. I used to do that at a kids' shoe store every now and again when I was little. I probably got crazy looks from everyone.

Would anyone have that? I would be so honored if you did.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Why I removed my SS clips

Neither YouTube nor Sesame Workshop has threatened me directly; however, an ex-friend of mine on YouTube knows people in Sesame Workshop's legal department. I'd left some critical remarks on her [original] videos--which upset her enough to warn me that if I didn't leave her alone, she'd have Sesame Workshop sue me over the clips I posted.

If she'd reported my account to YouTube, I could understand that. If she'd wanted to sue me herself for harrassment, I could understand that. But threatening to bring Sesame Workshop (who wasn't originally involved) into our dispute? ... Even though I've kept my promise not to contact her or comment on her work, I took down all my SS-related material on YouTube just to be safe.

Despite that setback, I'm still willing to trade Sesame Street clips/episodes directly with other fans. If there's a clip you want, please let me know via private message and I'll do the best I can to get you a copy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Neither YouTube nor Sesame Workshop has threatened me directly; however, an ex-friend of mine on YouTube knows people in Sesame Workshop's legal department. I'd left some critical remarks on her [original] videos--which upset her enough to warn me that if I didn't leave her alone, she'd have Sesame Workshop sue me over the clips I posted.

If she'd reported my account to YouTube, I could understand that. If she'd wanted to sue me herself for harrassment, I could understand that. But threatening to bring Sesame Workshop (who wasn't originally involved) into our dispute? ... Even though I've kept my promise not to contact her or comment on her work, I took down all my SS-related material on YouTube just to be safe.

Despite that setback, I'm still willing to trade Sesame Street clips/episodes directly with other fans. If there's a clip you want, please let me know via private message and I'll do the best I can to get you a copy!
Sounds extremely petty of her, IMO. BTW, I think someone is reposting some of your videos themselves. Just thought I'd warn you.

clipjj27

Reaction score
I have seen some of the snippets from my list

Actually, in the past few months I have seen a lot of Sesame Street on YouTube, and the only ones I haven't seen in this list as of now are #4 (post office song), #6 (F and football player), and #9 (Beetle Bailey). Also, for #3, I have seen the 'on, into, under, through, around' scuba diver clip, but not the other two (i.e. 'five shells' and 'away from').

If any of the above are on YouTube, please let me know. Thanks.

More 'snippets' from days past

The following is a re-post of another thread from about four years ago. Please read it and, if interested, can you tell me where on YouTube one can find the following clips (if they are on YouTube)?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi:

I recently presented a list of ten 'snippets' from Sesame Street (late 70's-early 80's in particular) that do not involve muppets. Well, here are ten more. Does anybody remember these?

1. Pizza is being made with Italian music being played in the background. The music starts out slow as the dough is being tossed, but then reaches a frantic pace as the cheese and sauce are added, as well as during the baking and slicing of the pizza.

2. A man dribbles a basketball and walks to the top of a flight of stairs. When he reaches the top, he attempts a finger-twirl, but gets clumsy, loses the ball, and watches it fall back down the stairs. The camera is then 'sped up' as he goes down to retrieve the ball and go back up the stairs. The 'key words' in this clip are 'up' and 'down.'

3. Three 'snippets' featuring a scuba diver. In one, he finds five shells while underwater then returns to the shore to count them, only to be surprised by a crab. In another, he swims through the 'underwater world,' going over, under, and through various objects before finishing up by repeatedly swimming around some object (a rock?). Directional words are the subject of this clip. In a third, someone says 'Boo!' and he responds by swimming 'away from' (yes, that's the key word) the camera.

4. The hip tune about how the post office delivers mail from one place to another. One of the key lines I remember is 'to the post office where it will stay...for just one day.' The sketch ends up with someone opening up a letter that he/she has just received.

5. A clip about a boxer demonstrating the letter 'B' with punchdrunk-slurred speech. This is a cartoon that ends up with the boxer being nailed by a much bigger boxer, and then saying something like 'unless you get hit in the head.'

6. Another cartoon, featuring the letter 'F' and involving a football player. He starts out bombastically, but then gets trampled by a bunch of other football players, after which he mutters something like 'until you're tackled.'

7. A series of people and other animals running, falling, or sliding down something. The announcer says 'down' each time and piano-like music plays in the background. The only instance in this clip that I really remember is the last one, namely an ice skater falling on his deriere.

8. A song about 'five' featuring penguins swimming and walking around. One of the lines in the song, if I remember correctly, is 'playing basketball.'

9. A clip involving Beetle Bailey that demonstrates 'first' and 'last.' He is late for breakfast (or some meal), and figures out how he can go to the front of the line. He digs a ditch under everybody, but when he's done, his shovel hits the meal cart, making it roll to the other end of the line, after which everyone turns around 180 degrees. His 'cleverness' has backfired as he is still last in line!

10. A clip featuring a girl and a blanket. Haunting music (or so I thought back then) plays in the background as she is shown lying on, being rolled up in, and hiding under the blanket. The key terms - 'on,' 'in,' and 'under' - are reinforced throughout the clip through repetition.

Well, there you have it - ten more that I remember. Who knows - one day I might throw another ten at you! Then again, while it may seem tiring, nothing (or very little) beats bringing back fond memories from childhood!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, I have already found (and listened to) #2 (man and basketball), #7 (down), and #8 (five penguins) on YouTube. Does anyone know where I can find the other seven? Also, don't forget my earlier re-post of an older thread - a few days ago! Thanks.

clipjj27

Reaction score
From my earlier post, I have now seen all of them except...

Just an update:

I have seen all of the following on YouTube except #2 (several 'beginning-end' clips), #4 (kids dancing and hearing 'stop') and #7 (man looking for a '20').

I think I have seen the links for #8 (water) and #9(goat), and #10 (dry/wet) was just recently added.

Are any of the above (i.e. 2, 4, and 7) on YouTube yet? Just wondering. And, I know it sounds like a broken record, but I'm just waiting too see more of the gymnast (other than 'between')! Thanks.

1. Six clips featuring a female gymnast using several gym apparata to demonstrate certain terms like 'around,' 'beginning/end,' 'between,' 'close to/away from,' 'over/under,' and 'slow.' Moreover, does anyone know who she might have been - anyone famous?

2. Clips demonstrating 'beginning' and 'end,' each accompanied by some background music. Not including the gymnast, these are:

a. someone giving someone else a haircut
b. someone eating a hot dog
c. someone painting a picture
d. children waiting in line at a movie theater

3. A man in a white suit looking in a mirror, putting on a white hat, and then hearing a 'voice' that asks him what forwards means and what backwards means. When the man indicates that he does not have time to answer those questions, the 'voice' then shows him what backwards means. The man then enters a 'backwards world,' and three things I remember going in 'reverse gear' are a chef writing on a chalkboard, eggs being cracked, and someone diving into a pool. The music, though, was my favorite part. I found it to be very groovy and uplifting.

4. Children dancing to music and periodically being interrupted by someone saying 'stop.' The word 'stop' also appears on the screen as well. After a few times, one of the kids gets impatient, points at the camera, then yells 'You stop!'

5. The Spanish word for danger, 'peligro,' starting out in two parts - 'peli' and 'gro.' The 'gro' part contains a bomb and is accompanied by a sinister chuckle as the two parts are pronounced while they inch toward each other. When they finally 'join up,' the whole word is pronounced and one can surely guess what happens next!

6. The song featuring birds flying and landing 'Flying so high...clean air, blue sky.' I found this song to be very comforting and soothing, at least back then. However, if I still remember the melody, my opinion isn't likely to change in this respect.

7. A man being sent on a mission to look for a number 20. He starts out by finding an 11 and a 12, then finds the numbers 13 through 19 along the way until he reaches his destination. When he finally arrives, he his surprised by a gorilla, with whom he must wrestle to uncover the 20.

8. A cartoon featuring a man saying 'W' for 'water,' after which the coversation balloon then becomes a 'tank' filling up with water. When the man can't retrieve any water from the 'tank' via a tap, he climbs to the top and drinks from there. There is also a Spanish version (I believe) for this featuring 'A' for 'agua.'

9. A cartoon featuring the letter 'G.' A goat first appears on the screen, and then hides as a man arrives. The man tries to remember his favorite 'G-word,' and when he does, it is 'grass' (and not 'goat'). The goat, ticked off by this, then rams the man out of the picture.

10. A man walking along the edge of a swimming pool, losing his balance, falling in, and coming out all dripping wet. The key words here are 'dry' and 'wet.'

clipjj27

Reaction score
My updated list

Just another update:

The Beetle Bailey skit is on YouTube. However, I thought the 'G for goat and grass' one would be too, but that might have been pulled. Thus the ones remaining from the 20 clips I posted that I haven't seen on YouTube yet are:

1. the song about the post office
2. the cartoon with the 'Letter F' football player
3. the four 'beginning-end' clips
4. the clip with a man looking for a 20
5. the clip with children dancing and hearing 'stop,'
6. two scuba diver clips ('five shells' and 'away from')
7. five gymnast clips (other than 'between')

Again, just an update. Thanks, and if any of the above are on YouTube, please tell me the keywords.