The Doozers and the Gorgs

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Okay as we all know the Doozers lived with the Fraggles in their Rock, not that they ever really socialized all that very often, and the Fraggles went outside the Rock from time to time for one reason or another into the Garden of the Gorgs trying their best to avoid being detected by them.
So the Fraggles knew all about the Doozers and the Gorgs and they knew all about the Fraggles but can someone please explain this to me.
Were the Doozers and the Gorgs ever supposed to be aware of the existence of each other? In most of the episodes I can remember they never seemed to interact or speak at all about each other. Of course with such an immense size difference interaction between them in general wouldn't have been really practical. The Doozers would seem to the Gorgs just the way ants do to us.
Hmm. What an amusing thought. Imagine Baby Doozers being punished by their parents for wandering outside Fraggle Rock. "You naughty, silly children. You could have been stepped on and killed by a Gorg.":big_grin:
So did they seriously have any knowledge of each other can anybody make clear please?

Emosewa

Reaction score
They never really met before it seems. Since the first time a doozer in the show sees a gorg , he seems quite surprised and calls it a talking mountain, though of course Junior didn't have a head at the time. I guess becuase the doozers would normally never even have a reason to leave the rock (since they dig under neath the garden to get at the radishes), it has never come up.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Emosewa said:
They never really met before it seems. Since the first time a doozer in the show sees a gorg , he seems quite surprised and calls it a talking mountain, though of course Junior didn't have a head at the time. I guess becuase the doozers would normally never even have a reason to leave the rock (since they dig under neath the garden to get at the radishes), it has never come up.
What? Junior lost his head? What does this mean?

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Well the Goargs make what is called Youth And Beautie Cream out of radishes, and when the radishes dissapead the Gorgs couln't make anymore so they started to turn invisable.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Dang!

baba said:
To start out the Trash Heap wanted them all to get along by doing this she took all the radishes away until one Doozer one Fraggle and one Gorg met out in the Gorgs garden.And how Junior lost his head is if the Gorgs do not eat radishes they lose their head and it was from the ep ''The Great Radish Famine''...

Baba,
Dang you beat me. lol I was typing the same reasponce.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
There was a few instances when a doozer met a gorg, but not very many. I always wondered about the whole Doozer and Gorg thing as a kid. The very first time a Doozer met a Gorg was when Flange Doozer (Cotterpin's father) went to the Garden with Mokey because The Trasheap wanted a Fraggle and a Doozer and a Gorg to meet together in the Gorg's Garden at midnight in order for her to return the Radishes. Coincidently the Gorg's heads had turned invisible earlier in the episode because of the lack of Radishes. Flange and Mokey stood outside the Gorg's Garden and Flange yelled out "Okay Listen upppp, and listen tiiiiiiighhhht wev'e gotta see a gorg so the Radishes will come back!" Junior then comes running outside with no head and Mokey yells out "He had no head!" and throws Flange up in the air and runs off scared. There was the episode Red's Club when Red had a club with only Cotterpin Doozer as a member cause everyone else wanted to join Gobo's Club. Red Lowered Cotterpin Down on a string to Eavesdrop on Gobo, Mokey, Boober and Wembley. Gobo said "I have the feeling Red would help a Gorg, just to prove that her club could do it" Cotterpin Misinterprets what Gobo said and when Red pulls her back up on the string, she tells Red they were talking about helping Gorgs. She asks Red what a Gorg is and Red exlplains it to her in a rather Grusome way. When Cotterpin hears this she is disgusted and quits the club, and refuses to go to the Gorg's Garden with Red. A few minutes later she sees Gobo and tells him Red is in the Garden, helping horrible Giant walking Gorg Mountains. Gobo is amazed that a doozer knew Red was in the Gorg's Garden. In the episode when Sprocket breaks loose into Fraggle Rock, Cotterpin meets him and says "if your'e not from here, you must be from that other place", and she takes Sprocket to the Gorg's Garden. This one kind of puzzled me, but I guess since Red club was from a few years before this, it does make sense. Cotterpin later meets Ma Gorg when it's Ma and Red's Birthday and Ma is at the Castle by herself and Red and Ma end up spending their birthdays together. In one scene Red comes to the Gorg's Garden with Cotterpin on her head. I don't think Ma really interacted with Cotterpin though. Last but not least, in the 3rd to last episode when Junior Shrinks and goes into Fraggle Rock, him and Wembley talk to Cotterpin, and Junior learns that Doozer constructions are made from Radishes. Now one last example is in the very first animated episode of Fraggle Rock, the Doozer's meet the Gorgs, in an episode when they replace their Radishes with Bannooney Berries. The doozer call the Gorgs The Big Scary Giants or something amongst those lines. It's been years since Iv'e watched that episode of the Animated Series. But I hope this info helps. :smirk:

G-MAN

Reaction score
There was a near meeting in "You Can't Do That Without A Hat" in which one of the Doozers with Boober's lucky hat on his head unknowingly wandered into the Gorg's garden and back.