Fraggle Rock Memories

dinoboy

Reaction score
I remember this show very well. It used to air on HBO 3 days a week. It was funny to see Doc and Sproket with their comical hijinks. And all those postcards they got from Uncle Traveling Matt for Gobo Fraggle. So Gobo had to make a darring leap into the house to get the postcards from the wastebasket, however Sprocket saw him and barked up a storm. I loved it when Doc and Sprocket got involved with a video game competition with Mr. Shimmelfinny with a Zomby Attack Pc game. Naturally the sound effects of the game were from the arcade game Galaxian. But Other fun memories of Fraggle Rock included.

The time they found a radio and wanted to leave Fraggle Rock after hearing the commercials of Mandy's Land of Carpets and Bubba's Burger Barn.

The time when a toe-tickler creature came to Fraggle Rock ( it was a huge, caterpillar) and nibbled on the toes of the Fraggles and it tickled them. Then before you knew it a whole colony of toe-ticklers came to Fraggle Rock and tickled everyone like crazy.

When Red goes exploring through the caves and discovers a mysterious and secretive sea creature that closely resembed the lochness monster. But Red had to keep it a secret.

And there was one episode where a blob-like creature came to Fraggle rock and ate up the Fraggles, but it was up to Boober to find a way to rescue his fraggle friends from the blob.

I had a Fraggle Rock Record that featured many different songs from the show, and our favorite was when Red and Mokey sing the song See The Beetle Sitting On A Stone. Turned out to be somewhat of a tongue twister song.

And the funniest was when the fraggles had to outsmart the Gorgs. Junior was one of the more funnier and gullable Gorg, since he was easy to fool.

And the only Fraggle Rock Video I have is the Christmas One called The Bells Of Fraggle Rock, I love bells, and there is a truth of ringing bells to revive the earth and kjeeping it from freezing solid. And the other episode is a funny one called The Perfect Blue Rollie. Boober and Wimbley find a cave of beautiful and colorful rocks, and upon finding the perfect blue rollie, Boober was given the blue rollie from Wimbley and it's hidden in his Hidey hole of secret treasures. Unfortunately, Boober's selfishness of hiding the perfect blue rollie from his friends collapses his cavern, and he's trapped under a large boulder. His friends forgive him and Boober is Rescued and the blue rollie is shared with all the other Fraggles.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Mokey Fraggle Reminds me of a Lemming

This may sound strange, but after seeing Mokey Fraggle, she somehow reminded me of how similar she looked similar to one of the Lemmings from the pc game the Lemmings. Must've been the wild wavy hair or something

Nicki

Reaction score
I used to watch the fraggles as a little sprog. Shame their not around no more

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Yeah, you know, instead of bringing in all these creepy little kid television shows with the bright colors and the moody songs and creepy little non-human non-monster non-anything characters that don't even speak ENGLISH for goodness' sake, they should bring back Fraggle Rock. I personally think kids would learn more from Fraggle Rock then...that...

Frogster

Reaction score
One memory I have of Fraggle Rock is being able to get episodes from my Mom's friends who would record them for me. I especially remember seeing Wonder Mountain, and when I saw the episode for the first time in 15 years last year, it all came back to me. However, when I was describing the episode, I had thought that the singing cactus were singing mummies. Hey, it's what I thought they were!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Well, this isn't my memory, but my two year old neighbor is completely freaked out by the fraggles and the gorgs from those little commercials that they put in the front of the other Henson videos. He had a bad dream once, and will literally run out of the room screaming, with his hands over his ears, when that commercial comes on.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
Well, this isn't my memory, but my two year old neighbor is completely freaked out by the fraggles and the gorgs from those little commercials that they put in the front of the other Henson videos.
Well that camera pan into Doc's window during the theme song always slightly freaked me out, heh.

I remember an episode where Boober wants to move away and live alone. He eventually finds a place, but it makes you forget things. He eventually forgets his friends. The other Fraggles try to go and save him. Mokey brings a poem with her about friendship (I think) which gets lost. Luckily Boober finds it and it helps him remember and he ends up rescuing his friends.

I also remember the Mean Genie episode. It turns out the Genie can't grant wishes until Wembley stands up for himself. I love that about Fraggle Rock, it's always about finding your courage and doing the right thing, especially when your friends are counting on you.

Reaction score
I remember watching it with my little sister. One thing I always remember is that when I was younger I figured out how to do Cotterpins voice. (I can still kinda do it, but it doesn't sound quite as good as it did) and she use to really like that alot.

I remember one episode, about the Grapes of Genrosity, I don't know why, but that episode stuck with me. Maybe I actually learned that lesson, who knows. I can still invision parts of that one. Like Gobo sorta floating around on the ceiling and Wembley trying to keep him grounded.

Daylight

Reaction score
I don't really remember much about watching Fraggle Rock when I was young. I'm sure I watched it but I didn't really get into it until more recently. I do, however, remember playing with the little Macdonalds figures they had of them riding around in vegetables. I remember rolling them around on the driveway.