Has Steve Whitmire ever given an on-camera interview?

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I was just wondering if Steve Whitmire had even given an on-camera interview at any time. I know he did one for MC, but I don't think I have ever seen him speak on camera as himself - he usually does something in character i.e. as Rizzo or Kermit or something!

Just wondering, as I would like to find out what he really sounds like as himself!

Guy!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire did an on camera interview for the A&E "Sesame Street" Biography special. I believe I've also seen him to interviews on other "behind the scenes" specials, but I am not sure.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think he might have spoken on "Of Muppets and Men." I could be wrong about that though. Haven't watched it in a while.

-Matt

SammieRose

Reaction score
Originally posted by GuySmiley
Hi Guys!

I was just wondering if Steve Whitmire had even given an on-camera interview at any time. I know he did one for MC, but I don't think I have ever seen him speak on camera as himself - he usually does something in character i.e. as Rizzo or Kermit or something!

Just wondering, as I would like to find out what he really sounds like as himself!

Guy!
He gave an interview for the MTI DVD Behind the Scenes segment (with Dave Goelz), the People Profile: Jim Henson special, the MCC Behind the Scenes thing, and the Biography: Sesame Street thing. Those are the four things that I can think of off the top of my head. He did speak in the JHH special where they go behind the scenes as well as in Of Muppets & Men, but he wasn't speaking directly at the camera or anything.

I once had a dream where Kermit was on Jay Leno and suddenly the puppet just stopped talking and Steve came up and sat in the chair next to it. He was wearing this weird long blue bathrobe with yellow duckies on it...... it was weird. A good interview, though! Wish I had taped it! :wink:

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
He also gave a brief interview in 'A Company of Players', which is on the special features of TMS season 3 (and on YouTube) :wink:

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but this is one of my favorite interviews with Steve along with Eric Jacobson (this is the only interview I've ever seen with Eric):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Bvcxn5ugs

Another short clip of Steve from last January:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8r2VVJgTc

:smile:

Steve's definitely one of my favorite puppeteers. I was so glad that Kermit and Ernie were able to be recast with a great puppeteer.