I have MADE an ASTOUNDING DISCOVERY

Beauregard

Reaction score
If you are coming to the UK...you should hail a taxi...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
dizzyizzy said:
Is this the same thing as "A Tribute to Jim Henson" from right after he died? I actually have a tape of that and I think it's absolutely amazing! It's one of my favorite things to watch. :smile:
I think they have done this more than one time; because on what you are referring to, I think it was Gonzo who did this gag.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The special you are reffering Ilikemuppets is "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson." Wonderful, sad special. :zany:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
superboober said:
If it is what I think it is, (and what I'm thinking of aired one afternoon on Nickelodeon), I recall the characters standing around "Muppet Central" with loads of TV screens around, and we learn about the fancy pupptry work they've done over the years (including detailed synopses on how the Gorgs and Doozers work, plus how they did all the bike riding scenes over the first few films, which was the first time I heard of Brian Henson). For the denoument, they went to bluescreen and pulled back to show the puppeteers working the main characters. Once back in the fantasy world, Fozzie makes an oath never to look down again. Kermit (and I believe Scooter was there as well, which if so would have made it earlier than 1994) do so anyway, see just the floor, and breath huge sighs of relief that it was all just a bad dream that humans were manipulating them (or so they think...)

Sound familiar to anyone?
You're taking about an episode of the Jim Henson Hour that aired in 89, And the Muppet's were in denial that they were puppets and that there were People were controlling them, not the fact that people were under were actually beneath them and they moved whenever they moved.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
The special you are reffering Ilikemuppets is "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson." Wonderful, sad special. :zany:
Yeah, I saw it when it Originally aired.

Lazarus

Reaction score
Do they still have 'The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson' avalible? I heard it was amazing (and extreamly touching).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Those three specials (Secrets of the Muppets, Of Muppets and Men, and Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson) are all at The Museum of TV and Radio in New York City. For viewing, not purchase, but still.

They're all great behind the scenes shows. Of Muppets and Men had so much puppeteer footage I'd never seen before.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I'm gettin Of Muppets and Men special for me birthday. *Does happy dance* Can't wait. Do they have most of the things they mentioned in the book in it?