The RHLC!

Skye

Reaction score
Hey, Amanda! It's awesome that you dropped in today. Thanks for answering more questions. I was always pretty curious about where he was from, so that's awesome. And yeah, I had pictured him as a "no nicknames" kinda guy, too! Very cute.

beakersbreakers

Reaction score
No pictures yet! Grandmothr has been a little preoccupied........ and I will not see her for a couple of weeks!! I don't ever meeting Jim, but I have been told that I had! I remember a lot of the others though!

Here's a short funny story, I think it was a christmas party that we were all at in the city and Richard decided to surprise Grandmother with her first pair of diamond earrings, so as she normal was, she was drinking a glass of champagne and needed a refill so Richard took the glass put the earrings in the glass and refilled the champagne.....well Grandmother wasn't paying attention (normal for her making everybody laugh!) and took a sip and almost swallowed one of the earrings.......... I don't think he ever tried that again!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes.. The old gag of hiding diamonds inside the chunks of ice, last used on Disney's Tale Spin.

Funny bit, but an expensive joke I bet if she'd swallowed those earrings.

Skye

Reaction score
Great story, Amanda. I'm pretty sure I'm the type of person who would accidentally swallow them if someone did something like that to me, haha. Thanks for sharing!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Ha, well I'm sure they'd be hard to see. It was a good thought. Good thiing she didn't swallow it!

The creepy part is that right when I read this story, the ER my mom was watching just went to a scene where some doctor asks his girlfriend to marry him by putting a ring in the icemachine...

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol, fabulous story Amanda! That sounds so typical of Richard! :smile:
Did you get my email? A picture i drew in memory of Richard was 'attached'. Did it work? I was using my school email cause my other was playing up on me. If it didn't work, just tell me and I shall post the pic onto this thread.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
beakersbreakers said:
No pictures yet! Grandmothr has been a little preoccupied........ and I will not see her for a couple of weeks!! I don't ever meeting Jim, but I have been told that I had! I remember a lot of the others though!

Here's a short funny story, I think it was a christmas party that we were all at in the city and Richard decided to surprise Grandmother with her first pair of diamond earrings, so as she normal was, she was drinking a glass of champagne and needed a refill so Richard took the glass put the earrings in the glass and refilled the champagne.....well Grandmother wasn't paying attention (normal for her making everybody laugh!) and took a sip and almost swallowed one of the earrings.......... I don't think he ever tried that again!
That's a good one, Amanda! But...Richard, my dear, I hope you knew the Heimlich maneuver, just in case.

Maybe Richard, being the doting son and all that, thought his mother needed a little "ice" in her drink!...okay, dumb joke.

Once again, great story!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
May be a dumb joke, but that's probably the lines along which he was thinking Erin. What possibly pushed him to pull the prank/joke in the first place.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I was actually referring to my joke about ice in the drink, not Richard actually putting said ice in said drink. However, when I talked about it on the phone with my mother the doctor, she denounced Richard's act as "tacky."

But I'm sure Jane Hunt was more than pleased with getting a gift of diamond earrings from her son...once she'd fished them out of her drink, that is.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Great story, Amanda. It was the thought that counted, hehe.

It's really sweet though, that Richard was using the money he was making to get things for his family or help them.

Hmm, did he have a favorite TV show?