The RHLC!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask.

Oh and here's a funny story about sneezing with apologies if it grosses some of you out a little. :halo:

When I was a very small boy I used to be able to make myself sneeze by pressing my index fingernail very gently into the area just inside the bridge of my nose. I wasn't a nose-picker. I just sometimes gave it a little prod to make myself give a sneeze now and then if I wanted to.

And then there was a time when as an older child of about 10 or 11 I was with a group of other kids and we were organized by an adult to form in pairs and play the mirror game where we take turns being each other's reflection. I went first and copied my partner's actions very well. But when it was his turn to be my reflection the thought occurred to me what a joke it would be if I could sneeze while he was trying to follow my actions. So to his horror I periodically kept on trying to kick start my nose so to speak until the game was over. But I couldn't make myself sneeze at all. :frown:

And I've never tried to do it again since. Needless to say that other boy did not copy my actions precisely. I bet he remembered that incident for a long time afterwards. :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
When I sneeze, it's almost never once. Always around 5 times before it stops, no idea why, but it tends to shock people, lol.
When that happens, you can't control it, and I just feel dizzy afterwards.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I finished my Richard portrait, more or less. Still have some fixing up to do...making his jacket un-furry and his face less sad.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/17/richard.jpg

That is what it looked like right before it started to go slightly downhill.

Before painting, when I was getting the photo approved, my art teacher asked "Who is this?", and because it had to be a relative, I panicked and said "Um, he was our uncle?" and she believed me and said "He's a good looking guy." I was quite proud for him haha.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh wow, Meep, that's really cool! My Grandfather was a life long painter and teacher; I think he'd definitely be impressed. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No prob! :wink:

About drinking (as was discussed earlier), I honestly have never found an alcoholic drink I have liked; the taste just does nothing for me. I've never had the wine at Church because my Mom and I are always kind of afraid of germs (even without the swine flu!). Lol

I have friends and family telling me I should try because it's healthy in moderation (and you know, cause we're Italian!). But you know at the end of the day, if I do find something I enjoy at some point, that's great. If not, I'm not missing out. I'll be content with watching the history of beer advertising on The History Channel. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's pretty good, Marianne - let's just hope the teacher doesn't ask for a DNA test or go perusing Muppet Web sites on a regular basis. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Nice Job, Marianne! I know some churches pass the cup around, and some have a choice between wine and grape juice for those who are under age and who prefer not to or don't drink. I made that mistake once when I visited this church, and I thought that it was grape juice but it was wine, heh!

I don't know if that just a Catholic things or not... The whole passing the cup thing. But I grew up where you pass these metal holders with little plastic cups that had grape juice in them witch represented the wine, and they had little cup holders in the pews. They used actually bread, but then they used these little crackers, instead.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I grew up where you pas these metal holders with little plastic cups that had grape juice in them witch represented the wine, and they had little cup holders in the pews. They used actually bread, but then they used these little crackers, instead.
I like that idea better actually; my Church just has one cup and it gets wiped off for each person, which I just frankly have never trusted, heh.

We never had a grape fruit option, that's interesting!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I like that idea better actually; my Church just has one cup and it gets wiped off for each person, which I just frankly have never trusted, heh.

We never had a grape fruit option, that's interesting!
This is the kind of holder and they stack on top of each other and come apart, and there is a little top that goes on the top cup holder with a little cross on it. But those are used to pass around by the elders of the church. But to get it in there there is this little juice holder and had like a little funnel or drop in the middle of it to get it in the cups precisely.

http://www.northminsterkc.org/images/communioncups.jpg

But when I said little cracker, I mean wafers.