The RHLC!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Just checking in with my favorite friends on here.

Got a lot of stuff done, hoping as many people come as we think they are. Tried my dress on again, fits like a glove, it's awesome.

We're nearing the home stretch, and I'll at least have some pictures, if not some video for you guys when we're done with it all!

Have a happy time guys, and enjoy and bask in the glow of being a sticky.

Gotta go make me and Robert some dinner now. See ya guys!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I'm glad things seem to be going well, Sara. :smile: It's good to hear from you.

I'm having a Richard day so I thought I'd drop in to say hello.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Congratulation to you Sara and best of luck to you too! Knock um' dead! :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Best of luck, Sara, both on that day and every day after. Do let us know how it goes.

Thought I'd mention this just because - on another viewing of Richard's closing remarks at Jim's memorial, it looks like he's got something shiny dangling from his pocket. I think it's a pair of glasses or something.

Also, at one point it sounds like you can hear someone crying in the background.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very best wishes to you Sara. :big_grin:

I sure wish I could be present at your wedding but unfortunately I don't have a special teleportation machine to send me there. But I'll be thinking about you and Robert with fondness. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thought I'd mention this just because - on another viewing of Richard's closing remarks at Jim's memorial, it looks like he's got something shiny dangling from his pocket. I think it's a pair of glasses or something.
Good catch, MN!

I just saw this Blog entry, had a nice thing to say:

First off, I don't think Richard Hunt gets enough credit for his portrayal of Beaker. Notice how that particular Muppet is continually engaged in the scene, in spite of the fact that his face (with the exception of the mouth) is motionless.
You know come to think of it, a lot of Richard's Muppet Show characters had that problem didn't they? Scooter and Janice couldn't move much either, compared with other Muppets. Of course if you're a Richard character you probably didn't really need any visual embellishments. It would have just been overkill. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's really nice - and the author's right. A lot of Richard's characters fall into the unsung heroes category. The underrated treasures, if you will.

Oh, and Trading Places is on Comedy Central tonight - just came on. So this time I'll be able to watch it!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yes, I did. Although, I did turn it off for a while midway through so I could make dinner. But I was back on the sofa, with my bowl of blueberries and cream, with plenty of time before Richard's first scene.

Richard was marvelous - when we first see him, he's standing on the sidewalk in front of the World Trade Center plaza (kind of eerie, seeing that place) as the Dukes' limo pulls up. Then he's up in the observation room, getting the battle plan from the Dukes. And you can tell that he's a little concerned about what his bosses are telling him to do.

And then, of course, the big trading scene where he gets turned into the human pinball. He really does look washed out when he's being carried out over that one trader's shoulder.

(And have we mentioned that Richard looks really darn swell in a three-piece suit? In addition, when he first appears he's got an overcoat and gloves on. :wink:)