The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
So many sad tributes...and I remember someone posted a video tribute for Jim, with someone singing an original song in a Kermit-esque voice.

As for Richard's tribute, I didn't start tearing up, but it caused a very substantial yank at the heartstrings. When I first heard "Saying Goodbye," it was Scooter's verse that affected me the most. And the tribute brought back all those memories.

And in between all this talk of things sad, I see that the thread has topped 500 pages - at least by my count. :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
:frown: that was a depressing tribute. i made a jim tribute, in case anyone's interested. it's just a slide show rully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuL4IESELw
it's sweet, i like it. so what if it isn't fancy and flashy, you made an effort and you wanted to show you cared, that's all that counts in tributes i say [i've gone sappy, i know]

same here muppet newsgirl about 'saying goodbye' it's Scooter as well as Gonzo, that gets me everytime :wink:

Nick22

Reaction score
it's sweet, i like it. so what if it isn't fancy and flashy, you made an effort and you wanted to show you cared, that's all that counts in tributes i say [i've gone sappy, i know]

same here muppet newsgirl about 'saying goodbye' it's Scooter as well as Gonzo, that gets me everytime :wink:
thanks! :smile: gonzo gets me everytime for sure.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
hahahaha! that was great gelfling girl, :wink: happy halloween to you too

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Net's really slow, so I can't see it - but I'll bet it's worth a few chuckles. And now I've got "Monster Mash" stuck in my head.

JibJab's really cool; I remember when they first came out with "This Land." And when they showed clips of it on CNN, they had a lot of the audio bleeped out.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hey, Marianne, nice to see you around again.

Cool photo, really cool photo...although, Richard does look as if he ought to head back to the green room and catch a few Zs on the sofa or something. He's kind of got the Bob Geldof look there.

For a moment, I was wondering what that thing was around his neck - it looked like some kind of amulet, like an ankh or a giant Psyche. Then I realized it was the cording on the front of his shirt. (He really seemed to have a yen for striped rugby shirts back in the day - they look good on him.)

I'm suddenly thinking back to that one photo where he's right-handing Ernie while Jim and Frank go through their paces...and the look on his face suggests that he's thinking, "Please, don't let me fall over..."

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I thought it was an amulet, too. But on second look, you're totally right. He looks really young there, too...I wonder if that's the "energetic" look everyone talks about. :smile:

I get the book tomorrow, I'll let you know if there are any other new pictures.