The RHLC!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i know what you mean, all my life i wanted to give Scooter a hug, but about 3-4 years ago i learned about how amazing Richard was and i changed it to meeting him, then my sister told me he died and i got rather teary eyed, i still miss him like he just passed away sometimes, i wish i could have met him if only once, i think everyone does actually :wink:

hope everyone had a good new years eve, and the new years been good to them so far. i made a new friend at my friends annual new years eve party, a friend of mine use to tells us stories about this old friend of hers who's liked her since they were 12, well, a few months ago a couple of my friends meet this guy in college who is awesome and invited him to the party, turns out it's her old friend :big_grin:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, Canadian Fan and Puckrox - welcome aboard!

I know the feeling - I learned about Richard's passing when I watched "Muppet Christmas Carol" for the first time, and I definitely remember feeling a sense of loss - I'd only just learned who he was, and that he was the guy who played Scooter and Beaker and so many others.
I guess it's the mark of someone's talent, creativity and spirit, when you miss them even though you never met them. It's because we all came to know Richard through his characters and his work - he's kind of the best friend we never met. That's the way I see it.

And heralde, you've got a good point - I was about 11 when the Internet really took off - or at least when I was introduced to it. On one hand, it feels so recent, but on the other hand it feels like it's been here forever.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, everyone, tomorrow it will be Jan. 7 again, the 19th (19th? Good grief...) anniversary of Richard's passing. I vote that we all raise a glass of orange juice that day, and aim a few rounds of "Your face!" up at the heavens.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, MN! I have a bad cold so orange juice would be good for the immune system. :wink:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'll definitely be toasting Richard Hunt with a big glass of OJ. :wink:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Well, it's officially January 7th in my part of the world, so let me be the first to say:

It's been nineteen years, and we still miss you, Richard.

:eek::flirt::wink:
Here's a tribute for Richard that I found on youtube earlier today.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
We miss you, Richard! :flirt::wink::eek:

19 years ago, I was in 7th Grade (how time goes by).

Puckrox

Reaction score
After the poem I wrote last night (over in the poem thread), I thought I should write one for Richard as well. So here's something I threw together rather quickly. It's not the best, but I hope you all enjoy it anyway. :wink:

Scary on the outside, but all cuddles within
Chasing pesky "fwaggles" out in the garden
Rocking out with Floyd on her guitar
Heckling that silly comic bear from afar
Managing backstage and staying strong
Muppet Lab where - "meep!" - all, again, went wrong
Characters upon characters that keep us smiling for days
Richard Hunt, my man, we'll remember you for always

<3