UK: Muppets Wizard of Oz DVD News

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrr... :grouchy:

I don't live and breathe Muppets but I like to keep my hand in when I can. As such I had only seen The Muppets' Wizard of Oz (once last year) and I hadn't bought the DVD yet (I usually get my DVDs from that States).

So after hearing about the widescreen version being included on the UK DVD I decided to get it - I actually got around to buying it on Friday and watched it yesterday. The extras were pretty funny and the movie was slightly better than I remembered (Fozzie's line "Wer'e friends of Dorothy" still cracks me up)! So I was quite happy... then shortly after watching it I remembered talk of deleted scenes and after looking it up online it seems that the US DVD had the disadvantage of being fullscreen it did include several new / extended scenes that were not in the original broadcast...

Well as far as I can tell those scenes are not in the UK DVD version either... :mad:

Now I'm angry because I have to buy the US DVD too!

If anyone could list the scenes that were added to the US DVD I'll double check but I'm pretty sure they're not there.

anytimepally

Reaction score
does the UK dvd of the Muppets' Wizard of Oz include the "20 minutes not seen in the TV broadcast" that the US version has?

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
does the UK dvd of the Muppets' Wizard of Oz include the "20 minutes not seen in the TV broadcast" that the US version has?
Dude - read my post above! The UK DVD is in anamorphic widescreen which is a huge plus but the extra scenes are not included which really upset me!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Dude - read my post above! The UK DVD is in anamorphic widescreen which is a huge plus but the extra scenes are not included which really upset me!
I did read your post, but since you asked someone to list the scenes so you could double check:

If anyone could list the scenes that were added to the US DVD I'll double check but I'm pretty sure they're not there.
and no on responded, I was just making sure

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I did read your post, but since you asked someone to list the scenes so you could double check:

and no on responded, I was just making sure
Yeah I think the problem is a lack of people with both versions! But I've since checked and I can confirm that the new scenes are not included in the UK DVD :frown: It really sucks because the anamorphic widescreen presentation is really beautiful compared to the fullscreen US version! :frown:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Thanks.. yeah, I always prefer widescreen as well.. too bad :frown: :grouchy: