My Report: Disney World & The Muppets - PLEASE READ!

MWoO

Reaction score
Convinced my roommate to let me hang around Muppet Studios in Disney World to get some pictures for everyone here. I apologize for the crappiness of some of them.

outside of the muppet store

in case you missed the giant kermits.

Happiness Hotel inside the muppet store

the counter beneath the happiness hotel setup

Prop stashing

more prop stashing

wow.

Not sure what this is.

I have more if people want to see it.
Were all these scenes from past muppet movies there before? The lockers, the happiness hotel, and such?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Muppets Star Wars/Star Tours figures in the left? The other stuff looks like a picture frame to me.
Oh, that makes sense. When I went down last, those figures were only available at the Star Tours/Tatooine Traders or whatever you call it location. Thanks.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...n/HPIM0990.jpg

Aren't those the lockers they stayed in when they took Manhattan?
Yes, but several cast members and other Disney "experts" have insisted to me that they are not the actual props from the movie. However, there is some debate over the authenticity of the bus cutouts from MTM and the construction of the Happiness Hotel facade over the register.

Were all these scenes from past muppet movies there before? The lockers, the happiness hotel, and such?
I'm almost positive that the Happiness Hotel facade has been there since the beginning, but I'm not sure about the lockers. On the other side of the store (which no longer sells just Muppet merchandise), there used to be a replica of the Muppet Babies nursery window, but I don't know if it's been removed or just covered up.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I believe, unless it's changed in the past year the Muppet Babies nursery is still there. Though I don't know what it looked like previously, when it did have Muppet merchandise.

TML

Reaction score
The last time I was there was like eight or nine years ago and the inside of the store never looked like that. It was just a basic shop, no reproductions of the Happiness Hotel or anything. When did they do all this?

Reaction score
hi i aqm going in Febuay and does anyone remembering seening a scooter plush? That would be sweet!
-:concern::wink:04

Reaction score
I believe, unless it's changed in the past year the Muppet Babies nursery is still there. Though I don't know what it looked like previously, when it did have Muppet merchandise.
no they replaced that so now it just sells regular Dinsey stuff non muppet related. But you can still see the giant nursery window.

AAO

Reaction score
hi i aqm going in Febuay and does anyone remembering seening a scooter plush? That would be sweet!
I haven't seen a scooter plush since 2001...They had all of the muppets except the essential electric mayhem plush... I even got a Sam Eagle plush! They use to have Statler and Waldorf. I don't think they do anymore and for a time they even had a few Sesame Street CD's.. but those vanished immediatley after Disney bought the Muppets all together.. lol

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't think they do anymore and for a time they even had a few Sesame Street CD's.. but those vanished immediatley after Disney bought the Muppets all together.. lol
Actually, when I was there in late 2007, they had both Sesame and Fraggle merchandise.