Searching for a certain episode/skit

ISNorden

Reaction score
Lucky Kerri; I'd have given up almost anything to have been on the show in those days (then again, what kid raised in the 70s wouldn't have?). Knowing that you have such a priceless memory to share with your own children...I'm touched. *awwwww*

Kerri

Reaction score
You got that right, I'd have given my right arm, and maybe some of my left one too, to be on Sesame Street. I was always so jealous of the kids that were on it, and used to wonder how they got to be so lucky (I also had a jealousy/hatred thing going on with Chastity Bono, but that's a whole other deal LOL) Sesame Street, Electric Company, Zoom, Banana Split Show, Kukla Fran and Ollie, Captain Kangaroo, Mister Rogers.... those were My Shows, right there. But Sesame Street, that was The Big One!!!! I really do feel lucky in that I have this little piece of SS history with my very own Dad on it, it is just so awesome!!! :stick_out_tongue:

Kerri

Reaction score
Hello again everyone, update on this topic...

Sorry I haven't been on in a long while! Helloooooo! Well I wanted to update this topic... my Dad had been in the SS skit, unloading boxes from a truck while kids counted... anyway, I am (muffled voice) 39 now ANYWAY so when I was at my 4th birthday party, this skit originally aired, so that was in April of 1972. My mother recently moved, sold her home of 40 years and went down south to Florida.

While helping Mom clean out the basement to move, we find 6 8mm film reels, don't know what's on 'em. So I bring them to a place where they convert your reel to reel film onto DVD. To the tune of $292 Kerri's gonna find out just what in the HECK's on these reels! So I go in and get my finished product, there's about a half hour worth of footage, total. (how much does that work out to be, per minute?) Well, ends up being priceless: all but the last 10 or less minutes is my father racing his dirtbike, mostly in Daytona, around 1964... but there's some nice close ups, and some of my dad, some of my older sister who's also now deceased (priceless, again....!)

suddenly the DVD is showing me and my 4th birthday party. Sideways!.... my Aunt was there and filmed it. All these years, my mother didn't know she had it in a box in her basement. And when the skit my father was in on Sesame Street debuted, my Aunt aimed her 8mm camera at our console tv set and got it on film. Original airing, filmed right off the tv old school style, how TRES COOL! Just wanted to share, I just think it's the sweetest thing!