The Outlook of Muppets and Their Fans

crabcakes

Reaction score
Sorry to burst everyones' bubble...but I don't like the new muppets' stuff. :embarrassed: Since Muppet Treasure Island I think the whole thing's gone downhill. But I don't care because we all know that Jim was a GENIOUS and after he died it was only a matter of time until they started running out of ideas. The new stuff is good, but it'll never be as good as the old stuff, and I don't want to overwrite the buzz I get from watching the old films by watching to much new stuff and getting bored because the Muppets where a very big part of my childhood and if I ever need cheering up or a good cry I know exactly where to turn to.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
crabcakes said:
The new stuff is good, but it'll never be as good as the old stuff, and I don't want to overwrite the buzz I get from watching the old films by watching to much new stuff and getting bored because the Muppets where a very big part of my childhood and if I ever need cheering up or a good cry I know exactly where to turn to.
I agree with that. They're trying their best at The Muppets right now and as I said, they still manage to occasionally have some of the old magic.
That being said, I still make a distinction between the old and the new Muppets. The classic Muppets were something special that can never be repeated. It would be a disservice to compare them to more current Muppet projects that just aren't up to the same standards (as good as they can occasionally be).