I'm...Terrified....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Danny Horn said:
Sara, like I said, there's no such thing as an HIV/HCV test. They're different tests, and the results are completely different. There's no way that a doctor would mix up an HIV result and an HCV result.

You're making up stories, and I think it's very irresponsible.
I must be very careful how I answer this because Sara and I are very good friends and I know she's a good person at heart. I don't believe she would ever make up irresponsible stories deliberately. I truly feel that in my heart. I know that she sincerely believed everything she said to us at the time and her reaching out for support and sympathy was genuine even though she was wrong.:sympathy:

Whoever misled her is the truly irresponsible one and while I don't like pointing the finger at people I pray to God that he or she or they will come to realize their fault and make appropriate apology to Sara and all else concerned and may they find forgiveness and peace in the name of Jesus Christ:concern:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I am not making up stories. It is what the Red Cross result test said. It was the basic testing that they did. I don't know why they would lump those together either, but it what it said.

Other then that it was a huge misunderstanding on Doc's part and my own.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And we understand Sara... No worries, no harm no foul... Just hope you're doing OK, and you're gonna post some more story soon.

Danny Horn

Reaction score
Daylight said:
Yes, there are such things as HIV/HCV tests. Just look it up on Google if you want to see.
Daylight, when you say that, what website are you looking at? When I look for that on Google, all I see are reports on tests that aren't used in North America.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
And we understand Sara... No worries, no harm no foul... Just hope you're doing OK, and you're gonna post some more story soon.
I was!! And the stupid laptop I was on DIED, and now all this...and...I'll try, but I just hate that all this is happening again. I just wish we'd DROP IT. :cry:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Yes. How about we all just drop it. Maybe we should close this board again...

Danny Horn

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
It is true. Please read this. This is most likely the test they used for me. They did it once more, and Doc misread it, as HIV, as I already have HCV.
That website is about a testing product that's being tested for production in 2007, and only in Europe. They don't use combination HIV and HCV tests in the US, because we have different standards for HIV testing here.

Sara, I don't mean to put you on the spot. My intention here was only to clear up the misunderstandings. I hope that in the future, you won't tell stories like this about your medical history. It's just not a responsible thing to do, and it confuses everyone.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I just came here for support. I didn't mean for it to become a huge drama thread. I was scared, I don't have many real life friends, and I was honestly scared to death. I should have waited, I know that now.

I am still questioning why the Red Cross papers that they sent us with the usual testing results said HIV/HCV viral load test. It literally said that. I asked them, and they said it was routine! *shrugs shoulders* I'm not a [FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,san-serif]haematologist, and I don't intend to sound like one either. It's what they said, and what I saw, so I went by that.

My Doc is a very sweet woman, I'm honestly suprised she's still a doctor. She takes my personal health very seriously. And the nighttime call was unwarranted. I'll speak with her about that tomorrow sometime. It was very bad on her part to do that.

Again, I just want to say this:

I'm sorry.

I didn't mean for this to happen, to spiral out of control like this, and I just wished I could have closed the thread the moment I realized it was a mistake on Doc's part. She is a good doctor, but I have told her to TRIPLE-CHECK what she is reading, before telling me about it. X_X

[/FONT]

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Channel your emotions into more of the story Sara. Let what happened with you and your doctor go, she was genuinely concerned and I'd think she's apologized about it by now in earnest.

As for this thread, I think I'll go talk with Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.