How to prepare production for kids show?

Coco Ladybug

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
al i can say is good luck,

its a challenge for sure(especially if you have never tackled a task like this before)
im currentlley supervising a build of roughly 40 some odd puppets , it is a challenge for sure but if you get a good crew it can be done
Thanks Ravagefrackle!

Yes I have never done this many puppets before! I've actually only built three puppets, two with my own pattern and one using an Armslenght Productions puppet.

How many people do you have on your crew and how did you go abut recruiting them? Also what are the puppets for?

I'm up for the challenge because this has been a long time dream of mine!
Thanks for the vote of luck!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
As others have already mentioned, the time you budget is really, really important and whatever you think you need you should allow an extra 20% because inevitably there are delays, changes and zillion things can (and often will!) go wrong and take more time than you expect.

If you're looking to recruit NYC builders it shouldn't be too hard (there's a big pool of talent). Try posting on the PofA Bulletin Board, but if you go that route remember that the rates most of the better NY builders work for will drive your costs well above $1000 per puppet.

Coco Ladybug

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
As others have already mentioned, the time you budget is really, really important and whatever you think you need you should allow an extra 20% because inevitably there are delays, changes and zillion things can (and often will!) go wrong and take more time than you expect.

If you're looking to recruit NYC builders it shouldn't be too hard (there's a big pool of talent). Try posting on the PofA Bulletin Board, but if you go that route remember that the rates most of the better NY builders work for will drive your costs well above $1000 per puppet.
Thank You Buck!

I agree with you about time budgeting, it always seems to take twice as long as one would originally estimate because of any mess up or uncontrollable errors.

When you put PofA did you mean Puppeters of America?

Coco Ladybug

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:

Thank You Buck!

I agree with you about time budgeting, it always seems to take twice as long as one would originally estimate because of any mess up or uncontrollable errors.

When you put PofA did you mean Puppeters of America?