What's your favorite letter segment?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Would You Like To Buy An O, with The African Alphabet in second.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Alphabet Chats with that catchy intro sung by Jerry and Richard. And I love how they presented the segments like a real working TV show. :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
This is hard. Probably Any sort of Cookie and Prairie dawn Letter Segment

ISNorden

Reaction score
Been looking for this alphabet song

One letter segment that I'll never get out of my head is the "Alphabet Polka" song; at least two versions have been performed as part of a street scene. Both begin with these lines--

A and B and C and D
E and F and how 'bout G?
Hey! Do the Alphabet Polka
H and I and then comes J
(Don't forget the letter K!)
Hey! Do the Alphabet Polka

The lyrics differed at the end, though: the oldest version I saw featured Slimey playing a clarinet in a polka band, with Oscar singing lyrics that rhymed "alphabet" with "Slimey and his clarinet". The later version (performed by a chorus of human cast members as they danced along the street) rhymed "alphabet" with "everyone get ready, set" at that point. Does either version ring any bells with those of you who watched Sesame Street in the 80s or early 90s? Please tell me more, if you remember details I didn't!

BeckyDR

Reaction score
haha yes @ the Ernie and Cookie "dee dee dee" song...I still sing a version of that song when playing Uno with my family: "d d d, d d, d d d d draw two, d d d d d draw four, d d d d d draw eight, etc."

xochval15

Reaction score
I must agree that the "Alphabet Chat" theme is super catchy. For the longest time I couldn't put the song to the skit. I would sing it over and over, and until I saw the skit on youtube did I finally remember it. I was so excited to finally hear the full theme song. :mad:

ErnieandTelly

Reaction score
I Just Love The National Association Of W Lovers
Ntv And Cookie Monster's Letter Of The Day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obviously, we don't have a clue who it really is, but it still sounds like Richard to me
Actually, it's been confirmed that Richard WAS Billy Idle by Chris Cerf himself on youtube...

austinmuppet (1 year ago)

I've always loved this song. Even the original. I never realized that Kevin Clash was doin Billy Idle's voice. I thought it was Richard Hunt! :stick_out_tongue:

wattamack4 (1 year ago)
I thought it was Jeff Moss who was doing his voice at first.

austinmuppet (1 year ago)
Kinda sounds like it...

chriscerf (1 year ago)
It WAS Richard Hunt. And I KNOW, cuz I was there.

wattamack4
(1 year ago)
Hold on,Chris Cerf?I didn't know you had a Youtube account!I love the songs you wrote for Sesame Street!

chriscerf (1 year ago)
Hi, Wattamack4!

Yes, I have a YouTube account. I'M THRILLED that you like my songs, and that you've been posting them here! Stay in touch...
Link

Soul H

Reaction score
There were some letter segments I remember as a kid when they would show either an L or a B. The next thing you know the letter disintegrates and the sand would morph into an animal or everyday object that starts with that letter. Without question the music was very creepy. Still kinda haunts me to this day.