Sesame Street figure line CANCELLED!

dubsyuhs

Reaction score
That's terrible, those figures looked great! Glad I got a Super Grover, at least.

Convincing John

Reaction score
No Series 1 at all?

The Count said:
Ah yes... Thank you for correcting that piece of information MWoO.

Wait a minute...completely cancelled? Even through OMGCNFO? Even S1? They were finished and ready to go, right? I pre-ordered 'em months ago like a lot of other MCers did, and they were "going through customs" from what I heard.

So, should I keep my order intact in case they decide to ship out, or just cancel altogether? (Lucky thing I kept my money order receipt).

Convincing John

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to say... But yes, S1 was completely cancelled. They were ready to go, but never left the factory. You should've received a message from OMG stating that they would ship out any other items you ordered at the time of making the SS S1 pre-order, if you ordered any additional items as well. They say they'll keep the pre-orders on record when/if the figures become available... But we all know the line's been completely cancelled. Only hope is if some other company picks up the license, fingers crossed for Ken's CMX.
Hope this helps.

mikealan

Reaction score
dubsyuhs said:
That's terrible, those figures looked great! Glad I got a Super Grover, at least.
Why did you call my idea terrible?

scottybadger

Reaction score
:grouchy:yeah im really dissapointed about the sesame figures... i had high hopes for them

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Dr Tooth... dont keep yer heads up for TMNT.. as i hear it, a new series is underway. I love the series they have now. Appearently they're about to go 99 years into the future and become, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward.

I wish they at least gave us series 1. It was already made, why couldn't they just give out what they had?

Count, whats Kens CMX? is this a toy company h put together? If so then i pray he gets ahold of the lisence.. although, i think, and not to start rumors, i read once somewhere that there are a couple of companies looking into the sesame street toy license. I dunno who, or what they're planning, and i think i read something either they're going to buy, or not going to buy, Palisade's molds.

I just hope we see simialr work that Palisades started for the SS figs so Super Grovers not flyin solo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi CoOKiE.
CMX = Creatus Maximus, found at www.creatusmaximus.com
Yes, it's a new company, starting out with its two initial lines at SDCC: Smart Bombs and KockBlockErz. There'll be four Smart Bombs Duo-Packs available at the convention, one of them resembling a certain duo named Hurt and Burnie.
Haven't heard anything about other companies buying up the license from what once was Palisades... Though if they snapped up the molds I'm not that encouraged that said company would continue the work with new figures enfused with the same spirit as what Palisades had. And the SS S1 figures were basically perfected and ready for shipping from China, just happened that the company went bankrupt and got bought out before that happened.

Really hope Ken gets the license, all we can do is wait and see.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Palisades isn't going to be at any of the Wizard World conventions this year either, which really sucks!

Hey Count; I know you're the expert here so I'll ask you if you don't mind:
• What happens then to all the existing SS figures Palisades already made?
• And also, I thought I heard Ken Lily resigned, is that true?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To quote Woody Page: "Why do I always have to straighten you guys out?!?"

Ken didn't hexactly resign... He just sort of stepped out and stepped down, I remember posting about it here when the news broke. And Palisades won't be at any conventions this year... Mainly because there is no Palisades Toys any more, it's now Limited By CAS a distribution corporation.
Then again, you might want to head on over to Ken's CMX forums and check out the designs for the Smart Bombs and PunchBunny's KockBlockErz. Maybe you'll get a kick outta 'em Dave.

scottybadger

Reaction score
Glimmer Of Hope Then ??? Excellent

:smile:THANKS FOR THE REPLY GUYS... IM NEW TO THIS SITE, BUT A MUPPET LOVER AND COLLECTOR NONE OF THE LESS. MY NAME IS SCOTTY FROM NORWICH IN U.K. IVE BEEN COLLECTING THE PALISADES MUPPETS FOR A WHILE NOW AND HAVE ABOUT 14 AT THE MO, JUST WAITING ON THE POST FOR, SWEETUMS AND JANICE. AND AM YET TO GET SCOOTER, AND DR TEETH.
I WAS REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO COLLECTING THE SS FIGURES... AND HAD COOL VISIONS SEEING THEM ALL TOGETHER.
LETS ALL HOPE WE HEAR MORE SOON... THESE FIGURES ARE FANTASTIC, AREN'T THEY ???:cool:
SHAME THERE ISNT A PETITION I CAN SIGN AND GIVE MY VOTE OF ENTHUSIASM TO HELP WITH THE FASTER RELEASE ON THESES FIGURES.

THANKS ALL ( GLAD TO BE PART OF THE FORUM :big_grin: )
SCOTTY