Harry Potter novels or movies

Daylight

Reaction score
I love both. Even though the movies don't show everything. They're definitely enjoyable to watch.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I stoped reading the books after about halway through the 4th book. But at least I know enough to sorta follow the movies :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
I stoped reading the books after about halway through the 4th book. But at least I know enough to sorta follow the movies :smile:
Did you find the size of book 4 rather daunting Sgt Floyd?
They are quite a handful to hold books 4 5 6 are they not?

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I definitely enjoy the books a lot more than the movies. I've read all of them multiple times and I always find something new in them that I didn't notice before and I love that in a good book! As for the movies, I thought the first two were pretty good and followed the books pretty well, but the last two I feel haven't had the right stuff. I know they have to cut out so much because of time issues, but I really wish that there was a way they could blend things together more smoothly. It all just seems so choppy. I watched the fourth one with my younger siblings and they had so many questions about it that I think they really didn't get the effect that they should have. But what can you do?:wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Did you find the size of book 4 rather daunting Sgt Floyd?
They are quite a handful to hold books 4 5 6 are they not?
No, I read half of it before someone stole it from my car and I just never really got back into them

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
No, I read half of it before someone stole it from my car and I just never really got back into them
Aww. That is a shame. Nothing is sacred anymore.:cry:

But I hope you don't allow this mean setback to put you off it altogether. It is a wonderful fantasy adventure. Believe me. Well worth delving into my friend.:smile:

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
the size of the books have never bothered me. worth reading every page, alot in the books not in the movies

peachesncream

Reaction score
i love the books. i'ma lso enjoying that as the book go along and harry gets older they get darker and harry acts like someone in that age range. he doesn't stay a "child" for long. he questions things and gets angry like a normal teen would.after reading the last one i do wish i was ginny weasley.the thought of the next book saddens me for i know it will be the last.so many possibliities though.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Book 7 should be very exciting.:excited:
It'll be great to see Voldemort get his final comeuppance at long last and I want to find out whether Snape was following Dumbledore's secret plan when he killed him or not:wink: