Timepiece on YouTube

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Saw it at MT & R

Saw it at MT & R and loved it, unfortunately it takes toooo looong to come up on my dial-up and hence the rhytm of the music behind the actions is lost. I do have a naughty confession to make though I love the scene at the nightclub where the stripper comes out and is suddenly replaced by various other things being undressed, as it were, culminating in a naked baby.

Bet you thought i was going to mention the scene where the woman walks by and her endowments jiggle in time to the music.:smirk:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Jim's so young in that piece. What do you think the purpose of painting the elephant pink is?

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Whoa. Weird-awesome. Thanks for the clip.

I think the elephant represents...maybe necessary absurdity to get a job done?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Pink elephant

Infinity Sirius said:
Jim's so young in that piece. What do you think the purpose of painting the elephant pink is?
What, you've never seen a pink elephant?!?

Daylight

Reaction score
What I want to know is where they got the elephant in the first place and how they got permission to paint it pink. For that matter, how did they get the paint off again?

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I think if they were willing to sacrific Jim's head for that platter, they could sacrifice a few bucks for that elephant and some washable paint.

Aleal

Reaction score
Yeah, Time Piece is a great little short. Jim himself did the cel animation (the colored particles dancing around), while Don Sahlin handled most of the stop-motion effects (like the blooming flowers). Trivia notes: You'll have to pause quickly, but Frank Oz plays the office messenger in the workplace sequence (he's billed as "Frank Oznowicz", a slight misspelling of his given name), and though his face is slightly more obscured in the You Tube version, Jerry Juhl plays the bartender in the Night Club sequence. A fun short film, trippy and with serious themes but still very funny (and much better than the overlong "The Cube" to my mind).

And if you really want trippy, look on Youtube for other old videos uploaded by the same guy (animator Nate Pacheco), including a brilliant Wilson's Meats Meeting Film which must be seen to be believed.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
You mean the Wilson's Meats thing called The Pitch? That thing is hilarious! Thanks for pointing it out. :big_grin: