It was a sad day when Jim Henson died....

SirGiggles

Reaction score
It was a sad day when Jim Henson died of bacterial pnemonia and this tribute aired around tha time of course this was the first time you see steve whitmore as Kermit who didn't sound great at first but now he has taken to the role just fine the difference is hard 2 tell you can see almost every major muppet back there

At the end of Jim Henson's funeral, each of peformers (Hunt, Oz, & Whitmire) they appeared with their muppets (Scooter, Fozzie, Gonzo)and sang this song.

of course Hunt died in 92' and his character has been taken over by his brother adam hunt but hes not really seen until one small scene in muppets from space

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes it was a sad day when Jim died. Another sad day was when Richard died.
We lost both of them way way too soon:cry: :frown: :sympathy:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
They did die way to soon. And it's even sadder to think that if one little thing had changed for each of them, one tiny little thing, they'd still be with us today.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
SirGiggles said:
It was a sad day when Jim Henson died of bacterial pnemonia and this tribute aired around tha time of course this was the first time you see steve whitmore as Kermit who didn't sound great at first but now he has taken to the role just fine the difference is hard 2 tell you can see almost every major muppet back there

At the end of Jim Henson's funeral, each of peformers (Hunt, Oz, & Whitmire) they appeared with their muppets (Scooter, Fozzie, Gonzo)and sang this song.

of course Hunt died in 92' and his character has been taken over by his brother adam hunt but hes not really seen until one small scene in muppets from space

Yes it was a sad day.:cry: Which song did Oz Hunt and Whitmire sing? Did they sing Saying Goodbye at Jim's funeral? I Think it would have been a good choice.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Oh my lord, that is SO SAD. I'm literally crying as I write this. They sang that at his funeral? How'd they not CRY?! :frown: Thanks for sharing this with us though. I love it. :frown:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've just watched that video twice. So beautifully touching. It would be awesome if that tribute is ever released on DVD in his memory.:cry: :cry: :cry:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I suppose Kermit must be voiced by Steve Whitmire. He did take over Kermit didn't he? If not can someone please verify who is the voice please?

Whoever it is I believe Jim would be impressed with how remarkably close it sounds to his own "Kermit" voice.

Never mind what I just said. I had another closer look at the start of this thread and SirGiggles tells us that it is the first time we hear Steve Whitmire perform Kermit. Oh the things that we miss seeing:embarrassed:

Anyway I still think Jim would be impressed with the way Steve has successfully stepped into his froggy flipper shoes:wink: :big_grin:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I've just watched that video twice. So beautifully touching. It would be awesome if that tribute is ever released on DVD in his memory.:cry: :cry: :cry:
I think this was on The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
I think this was on The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.
It was. I never saw it, but I just read that it was at the very end. Does anybody know where one could buy this special? Or the video copy of Henson's funeral? :sympathy: