Has Anyone Been To A Live Taping Of A Tv Show?

movielad

Reaction score
Well, have been to the BBC to watch a live broadcast of a gameshow which is part of our National Lottery. However, they cheat - much of the gameshow is actually pre-recorded earlier in the day so you're sitting there for about 20 minutes watching something you could have seen at home!

Almost forgot. I went along to the official world-wide premiere of Peter Jackson's King Kong. Got a ticket because I was going to New York to meet up with other Kong fans and as a bonus Universal gave us a whole bunch of tickets to the premiere. Thinking we were just going to be shovelled into an ordinary theatre (because Universal had given out thousands of tickets) it was all pretty exciting nonetheless. BUT we got tickets for THE cinema in which the entire cast of the film were there, Peter Jackson and family, George Lucas, Stephen King, Rick Baker, Richard Taylor (and missus), and just about anybody who is important in the film world was there with us.

I mention this because they also had cameras in there with us. We were situated right towards the front of the cinema. Before the film started, they had a stage set-up just before the screen and Peter Jackson came up to say a few words, with the entire cast, and then the producers. We also had a bigwig from Universal (very important woman by all accounts) come up and say a few things before we launched in the film. Some of that presentation can be seen in the Production Diaries on the Special Edition of the King Kong DVD - and I was there.

Superb.

M.

enzo

Reaction score
I always wanted to go to watch Double Dare!

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
I would like to go and be in the big brother audience on the final eviction.

Brinatello

Reaction score
I didn't go to a live taping for a show, but I was an audience participant in "Comic Book: The Movie." It was during the 2002 San Diego Comic Con. My friend and I attended the panel and they were filming the audience. We had to act with cheer's, boo's, awww's and so on. In the end, I didn't make it to the final print. Where I was sitting, I got cut off from the shot!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Oooh Melissa I'd love to be in the crowd for Big Brother. Mind you I'm only 15 and you have to be 18 :frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
Remember the teen sitcom California Dreams? I went to a taping of that years ago. It was so terrible.

rurulesunc

Reaction score
When I was 12 I was on Get the Picture, another Nickelodeon gameshow. We taped right next to the Double Dare set. It was fun (and I won some cool stuff too).

Ernie101

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter, you are lucky! I would have loved to see Married with Children. Another that would have been great to see would have been Roseanne. .....or the fresh prince of bell-air.