Monsters Inc. on Video an' DVD!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Have you reserved a copy?

For those of us who were waiting for video (SHAME ON YOU!!!!), I bring this up, not as an advertisement, but for this simple fact.

Frank Oz has a small role in the movie as Randall's assistan, Fungus. At first, I wasm't sure, but I found out by reading the credits.

beaker

Reaction score
I got mine! Blockbuster had this sweet deal where for $25 ya got Monsters Inc double disc dvd, a neat Monsters Inc gift card, and 10 free dvd rentals($50 worth!) So thats like $75+ worth for $25!

If youre a Muppet fan, Monster's Inc. IS A MUST! Not just because Frank Oz lends his voice talent(and I think Kprell and some other JHC related people had a small hand in the making of it) but the characters have a very Muppet like niceness and feel to them.
Its just an amazing film that is unlike any cgi film Ive seen before.

I would like to say, as much as this sounds mean or ignorant, I feel bad for any kid whose parents buy the vhs version.

but the fact is, disc two of Monsters Inc ALONE is worth $25!
From the brand new 5 minute Monsters Inc. short, outtakes(one of em cameos Toy Story's Rex!), Monsters Inc theatrical play short, Finding Nemo exclusive trailer, and the academy award winning-VERY Muppet like-and MC's OWN Kprell worked on "For The Birds" short!

Not to mention Monsters Inc just HAS to be seen via the digital clear greatness of dvd quality.

Monsters Inc was hands down my pick of:
*Best film of 2001(even over Memento, Amelie, Final Fantasy,etc)
*Best animated film of 2001
*Best Disney and Pixar film ever

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I picked up a copy at Best Buy (as well as my Muppet CD). I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but that's what tomorrows are for...

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I both Vid and DVD and love it!!! if you ordered from the Disney Catalog you got exclusive Lithographs,Pins,and more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd hate to sound like a schnook, but (pleAse don't laugh) my mother always reserves them and gives it to her kids on Christmas. I was kinda Shafted, though. Lilo and Stitch comes out right before Christmas, so my little sister (whom, as I've heard, has quite the Stitch obsession) is going to get it, so I'll have to pony up 20 bucks for my own copy. The only upside is that I've made a deal with her...I give her 2 Monsters Lithos, and she gives me 2 Lilos Lithos.

I can't wait to get frames for my Emperor's New Groove Lithos!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
$16 at Best Buy, man. That was my direction. Loving it.

-Chris

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beaker
I got mine! Blockbuster had this sweet deal where for $25 ya got Monsters Inc double disc dvd, a neat Monsters Inc gift card, and 10 free dvd rentals($50 worth!) So thats like $75+ worth for $25!
Yeah, we've got that too! A very good deal :smile:

- Billy :cool:

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
Yipe!

If anyone has any info on this, *please* let me know. I'm usually psychotically quick at searching the internet for specific products, but this one has me stumped:

Any of you who already have the "Monsters Inc" DVD may notice that the Pete & John of Pixar (director & executive producer, respectively) are at different times both wearing a certain shirt on Disc 2. It's a funky, retro-looking "Monsters Inc." short-sleeved shirt covered in multi-color doors.

Does *ANYONE* know if this shirt is still available for sale somewhere on the planet? I am desperate to find one for my husband. I've not only tried all of the main spots (Disney Store site, Toys R Us, e-bay), but I've also searched google.com so many times with so many different word combos that my eyes are about to cross. If anyone has a clue as to where I might be able to find this, I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

grail

Reaction score
heh...i just picked up my copy after work tonight...$13.99 at Meijer...for those that don't have Meijer, it was $14.99 at Wal-Mart. i also got Smoochie Must Die, but i accidentally got it in full-screen, so i have to go back and correct that...good thing i kept the receipt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Yipe!

Originally posted by Mayhem Diva

Any of you who already have the "Monsters Inc" DVD may notice that the Pete & John of Pixar (director & executive producer, respectively) are at different times both wearing a certain shirt on Disc 2. It's a funky, retro-looking "Monsters Inc." short-sleeved shirt covered in multi-color doors.

Does *ANYONE* know if this shirt is still available for sale somewhere on the planet?
Most likely, this shirt is NOT available for sale, except, maybe on E-bay. Most likely, this shirt was given out to the cast and crew of Monsters Inc, so it would be impossible to find.

Hope this helps.