My Kermit progress

Keeermit

Reaction score
Hi there, If you are making the body from foam first i would make six or eight peices instead of four.. it will just give a smoother shape. My kermit body uses eight peices which are about 19cm long and each one is about 5.5cm wide at the widest part - then about3.5cm for the neck and 4cm for the bottom. Hope that helps a bit :smile:

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Thats a big help, thanks guys!!
How thick of foam did you use, 1/2" or 3/4"?
Did you also use also use 8 pieces of fabric to cover him, or did you use less?
Lynn

Melonpool

Reaction score
I typically can cover a body with two (sometimes one) piece of fabric, with a lot of darts. If you can hide them at the sides or the back, it's your best bet.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Well, I can't do any more to my body until I get more supplies, so that may be a week or so in the mean time....

I finished a second Kermit head.

Since I couldn't decide on which puppet I wanted to do I now plan on doing two puppets, a poser puppet and the hand puppet with no legs.

My poser will have a PVC pipe skeleton, if I can figure it out to make it work, to hold the legs and arms together and it will have wire inside the arms and legs for posing.

So now I got two heads and no bodies. LOL!! The second head came out a little better the first one.

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
New pics of my Kermits progress.
I have redone the mouth and painted the eyes.
It took me a while to get the body shape, it will look different when the arms and legs get put on him.

I'm also starting Kermit #2.... :big_grin: This one will be a hand puppet. :smile:

Lynn

video567

Reaction score
its looking very nice, did you use several parts for the body like they said here? ()()()() and put them together? if you do the hands and feet please take lots of pics I cant figure out how to do it.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks, I used two peices () to make the body with small dart at the top and a large dart at the bottom, then sewn together, the top has a slight neck to it as well.
The body may be just a bit too big, but I think it's look will change when I get the arms and legs on him.

I've got the feet figured out,two peices of material sewn/glued together and then stuffed at the base, and sewn to the legs, but the hands..... Still trying ot figure that out.

Lynn

video567

Reaction score
just curious when you printed the head to 125% did you crop the head and then print it out from the pattern posted here or was it from another kermit thta you bought?

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
I printed the FP pattern, found here on the forum, as is figured the size out at 125% and took it to Kinkos and had it blown up to that size and made my pattern.

Lynn