A Muppet Family Christmas: Collector's Edition

D

Dil

Is it possible for Disney to make a complete version of A Muppet Family Christmas in a DVD called A Muppet Family Christmas?

2006 is the 30th anniversary of The Muppet Show.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Maybe,but nobody ever knows.Since Disney cut out some parts from the Muppet Show Season 1 Boxset.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's very possible, however it's not all up to Disney. The Muppet Family Christmas has other Muppets that are not owned by Disney. Fraggle Rock is still own my The Jim Henson Company and the Sesame Street Muppets are still own my the Sesame Workshop. So this isn't just in the hands of Disney themselves.

Plus it's not all Disney's fault that the some episodes of The Muppet Show has been cut. Copyright laws, what are you going to do :rolleyes: . And I think the same would happen here agian. As many of us know, The Muppet Family Christmas has come out on VHS and DVD already, however a lot was cut.

So like I said, it is possible. You know the saying never say never. Sadly, however, it does look all too good.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Dil said:
Is it possible for Disney to make a complete version of A Muppet Family Christmas in a DVD called A Muppet Family Christmas?

2006 is the 30th anniversary of The Muppet Show.
short answer no

three companys own no sorry four companys own right to this special

D

Dil

I know, perhaps the Jim Henson Company, Sesame Workshop, and Disney would work together for making "A Muppet Family Christmas: Collector's Edition."

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Dil said:
I know, perhaps the Jim Henson Company, Sesame Workshop, and Disney would work together for making "A Muppet Family Christmas: Collector's Edition."
Perhaps, but I really doubt it.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I think the Columbia TriStar UK release of A Muppet Family Christmas is as close as we'll get to a special edition (it has most of the missing stuff included including the most important bit featuring the Muppet Babies and includes the full-length The Christmas Toy as an extra feature!) - is that DVD out of print now following the Disney deal or is just the old butchered US release that went OOP?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
short answer no

three companys own no sorry four companys own right to this special
Actually, as far as I know, only The Muppets Holding Company owns the rights to this special. The characters in that special are owned by that company, plus Sesame Workshop and The Jim Henson Company.

What was the fourth company that you were refferring to? Was it Hit!? Because I don't think Hit! owns the rights to any Henson characters, just the current distribution rights to most of Henson's remaining productions untill 2009.

finger eleven

Reaction score
Did they ever release it on DVD? Or do I have to unpack my VHS copy again this year...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
we can always go to www.disneydvd.com and scroll down the the bottem to where you see "Questions" click on it and request Disney release's MFC on dvd this year! :smile: Us Muppet fans tend to get our way.... sometimes! :big_grin: