Calvin & Hobbes Plush dolls BY ME!

hennesprod

Reaction score
hennesprod said:
Mia,

That is excellent! You have lots of talent, Mia. It is no small deal to take a 2D image and project and build into a 3D image to hold and have it still hold the the character on the cartoon in came from. Great Job! (standing applause)

William
Seesh.....I just re-read my post....I was on the phone at the time, so my brain was scabled a bit. My post shoul have read...

That is excellent! You have lots of talent, Mia. It is no small deal to take a 2D image and to project and build it into a puppet and have it still hold the character from the cartoon image came from. Great Job! (standing applause)

calvin&pat

Reaction score
Amazing

Would you ever considering making a doll To sell. I have searched the internet long and hard to try to find a hobbes doll to give to my girl freind that loves calvin and hobbes as much as I do. I myself do have some sowing and stiching abilities but not good enough to make something this complex. So I just put this question before you from one calvin and hobbes lover to another. Will you consider making one Hobbes doll to sell. I compleatly understand if this was something special you did your your husband and do not want to reperduce. However i hope that maybe you will just consider it. Thank you, you do exelent work

Pat:halo:

Ray and Mia

Reaction score
No Prob! I'd have to buy some more fabric to make a 2nd hobbes, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to create another one, because I still have the patterns I created for the 1st Hobbes doll.

As for making hair for a Calvin doll.. this can be achieved very easily by sewing angled points with yellow fabric onto the head, then turning them inside out and stuffing them for a spikey 3D hair look.. so far so good! I'll post pics when he's finished..

I'm still thinking about making them into puppets.. but I don't know yet.

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my plush Hobbes!

calvin&pat

Reaction score
Mia that is some amazing news. Thank you so much, if you e mail me then we could work out some type of payment option. I can't wait to see how your calvin works out. Im sure it will look awesom. Thanks again, Pat

aaronmojo

Reaction score
Very nice Hobbes! You really captured his expression there!

Camellia

Reaction score
Calvin & Hobbes items

quoted from the previous post: "Anyone ever heard of the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes?

I dunno.. what do you guys think?"

hello Muppet Central People:

Yes, we enjoy the comics.
But sorry, we don't believe in people who don't hold the copyright making items of copyrighted articles to sell.

Please make them for your own use.
Please don't sell them in the marketplace.

Cheers,
Camellia

Camellia

Reaction score
Phillip and Cindy,

There have been many "I'll make a copyrighted item and sell it on Muppet Central or Ebay" posts here.

Can you please put up a category or notice for reporting such unlicensed material. The public needs to be educated.

Making something fun for yourself is one thing. It's nice.

But reselling it is disrespectful to the author, artist and is against copyright law. Sorry. :smile:

best wishes,
Camellia

Erine81981

Reaction score
Have you ever tied to do a Hobbes of the toy that Calvin carries around? I would love to see a version of that one.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is the rule in the forum rules:

VIDEO TRADES:

While we do encourage merchandise and tape trading, out of respect for the copyrights of the Jim Henson Company personal and unreleased videos, homemade VCD's and DVD's may not be sold for profit or cash on our forum. Advertising or promoting such illegal material to purchase will lead to suspension of your account. In some cases, we may forward all of your account information directly to Henson (or eBay if applicable) for them to investigate further.
The rules as set forth never indicated as far as replicas being made. Personally, I do not have a problem with replica sales. I think it is to the individual's own conscience if he/she chooses to do something like that and it is their responsibility to deal with the legalities of doing such a thing should the actual copyright holders decide to pursue this.

These, however, aren't replicas as no official merchandise was ever made of Calvin and Hobbes, and the only merchandise ever made (other than books) were the window stick-ons. The other thing, too, is if they are charging for the materials and time only, they can claim a loop-hole--especially if they announce that these are not their own creations or copyrights but are their work based on someone else's creation and the original owners hold the copyright.

Private messages/e-mails will probably get a quicker response from the moderators than posting in the threads, Camellia. However, I did see this one because I'm interested in the dolls being made.

At any rate, it isn't for us to police the forums about who is infringing copyright and there's a whole thread dedicated to that issue here: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=11588&highlight=copyright

Since the only rule ever made was only for video trading, I will get with the other moderators to discuss handling Muppet replica, ebay auction announcements, and other copyrighted character "marketing" so the forums aren't flooded with discussions about said items...if it is even a real issue at all.

Ray and Mia

Reaction score
what the ****?

When the heck did I ever say I was trying to sell anything Copyrighted??
I'M NOT SELLING anything!
You do realize this is the pupperty forum don't you? Created to talk about ones puppet making skills, designs and such.
I was clearly just posting photos of the stuft Hobbes doll/ puppet I made. Get your panties out of a bunch and get a life! Geeze..

P.S. from the looks of your website Camellia, it seems you have no problem re-selling copyrighted merchandise YOURSELF! http://www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore/
Haha.. what a hypocrite.. -Mia