Canadian Collectors Support

Sideroad

Reaction score
All I can say is keep checking and calling. The week the EBs here in Ontario got them in, all I could find on the shelves of five different stores was one Fozzie, one Harry and one blue Floyd. Yesterday I did some calling around and found that the stores had indeed got more on the shelves. Not a lot but some. I managed to snag a EM playset, red and blue floyd and I saw at least a couple of everything else. One store I went to had nothing, but out of four others all of them had at least four or five figures, even if some were multiples. I think I may have got the last EM playset in Ontario though, well at least at EBs. So don't give up hope yet, they may get more in yet and we still haven't seen CH Gonzo, so I'm thinking they just might get in a buch of various figures in when they get him. Next Time I am definately placeing a pre-order for everything. Does anyone know when we can pre-order series three?

GPrime1

Reaction score
I dunno bcfraggle, the EB in Burnaby got their pre-ordered stuff in. I only pre-ordered the playset tho' since I kinda anticipated they'd be getting some of the figures in as well. I managed to snag a Floyd from the guy, but the rest were on hold. I did see a Fozzie and Blue Floyd on the shelves at the EB in Coquitlam Centre, but again, the store got only one case so it's most likely that someone had put a hold on the other figures. oh well, I'm going down to California for the next week and a half, hopefully I'll be able to find some down there. Too bad tho', the Eb's around here have been selling the figs for $9.99 Canadian, so I'll be basically paying for twice the amount for the figures down south than I would here. Arrggg...

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
EB USA is selling their figs for $7.99 and the playset for $19.99. I had to order them from EB.com!

Mark

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Yeah!!! Some of my muppets finally arrived today at my EB. It was weird though cause I ordered them in September and all that was there for me was Fozzie, Floyd, and Harry. No Gonzo or animal. The guy had the case by the till and in the box I saw a Gonzo and a blue shirt Floyd. I wonder why the computer says that my Gonzo hasn't arrived when they had some already. Perhaps they were other orders, I don't know... So now I wait longer for the playset and Gonzo. I am once again happy!
But still confused as to how EB does things!
Oh... funny thing the cashier guy was at least in his 30's and didn't know who Fozzie was! I had to help him pick him out of the case! Heck he grew up in the 80's! Everyone knows who Fozzie bear is, fan or not.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
EB is a strange beast...their preices are the best, but it's a lot of hassle.I STILL am missing my red floyd....but they assure me that they will be getting more figures in still....they just got a few preliminary figures thus far, and apparently alot of damaged goods too (not from palisades, but from the EB warehouse to the store, there was a lot of damage, apparently).

hmm..I've also seen series 2 on racks at two different EB's, so them "only ordering preorders" is nto neccessarily the case. Each EB makes their own decision about that, there's no unifying policy...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I wil check in at my EB later on in the week - Friday
and I will see what they have on the shelves. I am really looking forward to the last two of series 2 that I am missing... Gonzo and Animal. I may see about pre-ordering series 3 as I am so hyped about Rowlf and the Kitchen. The folk at my EB are great people I just wish info on their computers was more up to date. Was the Blue Floyd the chase figure for series 2. Can't recall....

Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope you get a Muppet collectible under your tree!

VancouverMuppet

Reaction score
looking for animal!

I wasn't specifically on the lookout for series two yet, as I wanted to wait until after christmas but last thursday I snatched up Floyd in blue, crazy harry, and gonzo at the EB in Guilford mall.

I purchased the first series at TRU in metrotown for 14.99 so I was actually happy to find them for 9.99$ at EB. Still looking for animal though. If you haven't found floyd yet, he's available at the lougheed EB!

talk to everyone later

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey VancouverMuppet! I'll probably head over to Guildford Mall on Friday myself... a little impatient about not getting my Gonzo, and wondering if the Langley EB sold it by mistake to someone else as the clerk just randomly grabbed my prepaid figures out of the case - no names were marked on them. Weird! In case anyone wants to know... all of series 1 was available at the Langley TRU except for the lab... still might have some left. No animal sightings down here in my area of the Lower Mainland. Where is Mega Beaker? Is he available yet?

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Hi all!

A few questions/comments etc...

1. I have finally got my grimey little hands on all the fig's that are available here in Toronto, including the playset, and I have a US friend working on the blue shirt Fozzie and the Gonzo exc. from EBX. Here's my question: To get the red shirt Fozzie, can you only order it from Toyfare online, or does the figure exist in any actual stores anywhere? And is anyone else carrying the red shirt Foz?

2. And this may be verrrry bad news, so be sure you are seated. My aunt is a very avid figure collector and is a major EB Games gal. Yesterday she was asking about whether they were getting in more series 2 characters and I think they were, but she said the guy who worked there told her that EB games was, going forward, NO LONGER GOING TO CARRY ANY TOYS AT ALL!!! I don't know if that's just a Canadian decision, nor if it is 100% true, but the guy seemed pretty convinced. So...should this grievance be true, and ToysRUs is no longer going to carry the fig's, we will be exposed to the overpriced SilverSnail or other comic store mark up's for the fig's and have no other alternative for the upcoming series. EBGames is only charging 9.99 for series two which is even cheaper than the last series, and although they are often banged up and hard to track down, you can't beat the price! Anyway, I guess we'll see if this comes to pass...but if it does, it won't be pretty!!!