Canadian Collectors Support

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I am guessing it is...I've heard lots of rumours about it, and noticed every EB in my area having a 2 for 1 clearance sale on most toys, with only the ones from this month being regular price (well, somewhat regualr..they lowered prices on them as well). Also new toys have gone from pages i nthe computer to one or two lines when I ask them to check...I doubt EB gonzo will ever see the light of day in canada, even (although it may...)

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Sad and discouraged

This is very sad news indeed for me to hear. Just when I was getting all hyped about finally collecting a line of figures from the start, now I am dealt this big blow. This explains the lack of insight from EB, as to where my last two figures are that I preordered... seems a few others are having the same problem.

Why is TRU not carrying them... is this confirmed.

If all of this is true them I may have to start to rethink my collecting habits... which means less muppets ( sorry Palisades) if I have to turn to buying online... the prices aren't bad, it's the shipping cost!
$30 is what I paid for one figure... ouch! To think I am so close to getting a Rowlf figure!

Lew Zealand

Reaction score
I know what you mean, BC-fraggle, if I have to order them online, I may just have to stop collecting them. I hate unfinished collections, so I'll probably have to sell the ones I have too, this will also lesson the blow when I hear of new stuff coming out. My webpage may die as well. This sucks. EB blows.

GPrime1

Reaction score
My suggestion then would be to get in touch with your local comic shop, they usually carry a variety of toys, and I know that if they deal through Diamond, which most retailers do, they can order the Muppet figures for you. Perhaps you can make some kind of arrangement with them. I know that Series 4 of the Muppet line is being solicited in the latest issue of Previews, which a lot of retailers use, and it is still likely that you could get a line on Series 3. Don't give up yet!

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Oh my gosh people! You're giving up because Eb and TRU aren't carrying them anymore? That's silly! I read somewhere that a national US retailer will be carrying Series 3. I'm guessing WalMart. If that is the case, we could be OK up here.

Mark

Sideroad

Reaction score
I too feel very bad about the possible loss of EB. I won't stop collecting the figures but I am worried about prices. At local comic shops I have seen the figures marked up anywhere from 50 to 100%! Thats insane. EB was the only place with reasonable prices for me. Online gets way to expensive with shipping, unless we get a good Canadian on-line reatailer, like EB or Amazon but Canadian. Wal-mart Canada is a separate entity from the US one so don't get your hopes up there.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your insight.
I am not going to stop collecting the muppets all together should EB and TRU's stop carrying them. I am though going to not buy all of the figures from each series as I have been. I was planning on having one of each from each series, but know it looks like I am only getting my favourites, and so far that looks like Rowlf.

Why is it that here in Canada we are having trouble with big name retailers carrying the Muppets? I also agree that it looks a little dim about Canadian Walmarts carrying the line. If they do, I still don't think they'll pre-order them.

As for my local comic shop... he is carrying mostly Games Workshop stuff now - pewter minatures, LOTR, ect...
The only place I have seen them (series 1) was at Golden Age, and with only a few comic book stores selling them, there is going to be slim pickings! + high prices!

I still have some hope... although only a little. The New Years for us Canadian collectors is starting off on a sour note! Sorry guys!

GPrime1

Reaction score
Hey bcfraggle, if it comes to this I may end up heading down to Bellingham when I hear the new series are being released, so you're more than welcome to hitch a ride down. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
why not order them form a candian online place all at once and get reduced shipping?
Or else talk to a comic store and get them to hold for you...it's only 15 bucks each, which is what you'd pay in the states too (10 USD). Really, it's not that candians are getting ripped off from series 3 on, but rather that we've gotten a really good deal for series 1 and 2

Sideroad

Reaction score
I wish I could do that but I've worked it out. There is no cheaper way. My local store sell each figure for 17.99 each not 15. I've found no on-line store that works out cheaper with shipping. we are getting shafted.