Canadian Collectors Support

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
wowk, 18 bucks is definitely too much...where in ON are you? There must be moe comic store around...I've visited 3 different comic stores in Toronto area and never seen them for more than 15...

Sideroad

Reaction score
I live in the Niagara Region and the only store I know of, that is close is in St. Catherines. I do get to TO sometimes but not often enough to reliably pick up new product right when it comes out, so chances are I would miss out on something. The thing is series one was only 14.99 at my local store but the put up the prices for series two. They can justifiable do it to because they are virtually sold out there.

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Just as a point of interest, I saw both series one and two fig's in the Eaton Centre's "Toys Toys Toys" for...are you sitting down...$22.99!!!!!!!!....ARE THEY INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE! I scoffed aloud and walked out in a huff...shocking!

When series three is out, we Toronto and surrounding area folks will have to do a serious shop and compare on the fig's!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah, toystoystoys is insane...worst toy-store EVER. THe only thing they're ever good for is finding things that came out like 5 years ago because no one has bought them yet for their outrageously inflated prices.

Well, okay, every once in a while they get in a KB exclusive that wouldn't otherwise be available in Canada, but still...crazy...

I'm betting that for downtown T.O. the best place to go will be Silver Snail. IIRC they have the figures priced at 14.99....

Sideroad

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone still needs series two figures in Canada but I gotta say if you do keep checking EB. I just went to my local EB and they just got in a load of new figures. They had at least 10 red floyds, 10 harrys and a few gonzos. No Fozzie or playsets. I was surprise and a little peeved that they got these in so late. When I bought my figures I had no choice and had to buy less than perfect figures when now I could be more picky.
Oh Well...

Prof Shubbly

Reaction score
There's about 3-4 Crazy Harry's sitting in the bin at EB at the Eaton Centre for $9.99, but of course, I had my Crazy Harry long ago. I still need to find a red Floyd and blue Floyd (since the one I have is upside down on his card, which is not what I want for my MOC band variants)

Prof. Shubbly.

Sideroad

Reaction score
If you really feel like driving an hour and a half to St.Catherines you can get a red floyd for sure, but I didn't see any blue.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Okay guys! This is what I have learnt today! EB sucks big time.
My series 2 playset and Gonzo ( both prepaid ) have been sent to Alberta ( I live in B.C. ) for another customer by mistake. EB tells me, it was a mistake ( I pre-ordered in September ) and all they said is if the guy in Alberta doesn't buy them, their yours, if not we'll refund you your money. Nothing like... We will get you your toys. Also they informed me as already mentioned they are no longer selling the muppet figures. Sucks for us! I could live with their mistake if I knew they were still going to sell the figures. I hear that a new large retailer will be selling the figures. I can only hope that it is Walmart - if not then perhaps I am heading into retirement from the muppet collecting, and just buy Rowlf online. Much Sadness and disappointment. I was so excited to really collect a great line from the start. My local comic shops are selling Warhammer/ Games Workshop stuff - no figures. Need to make an hour drive to find a shop that does and they aren't sure if they can get them or not. Is Palisades frustrated for us Canadian too?

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I finally got my Gonzo and Animal playset today! Yeah. Just seeing them, restored my luv for collecting the Muppets. Although now I am saddened to know that no big stores TRU/EB won't carry them anymore. Has the new retailer or new retailers been mentioned yet?