lemons, water, and sugar

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this skit from the early 70's?

A blue kid with black hair, voiced by Jim Henson, was out in a field with a selling stand. He was going to sell some lemons. However, all the kids passed him by saying, "YUCK! Lemons are too sour!"

Then a green girl with an orange ponytail, voiced by Frank Oz, came along and said she had something people would want to buy. A pitcher of water. But the same kids that went by didn't want plain water either.

Then a light purple kid with brown hair, voiced by Jerry Nelson, said he had something they'd sure to buy. Sugar. He took out a bag of sugar, but the kids didn't want that either for some reason.

The three kids couldn't figure out why nobody wanted their stuff. Then they decided to cooperate. They squeezed the juice from the lemons into the water pitcher and mixed it with the sugar and made lemonade. And sure enough, they all rushed over to buy from the lemonade stand.

Sunrise

Reaction score
That's weird. I don't remember seeing that skit at all, but somehow I remember the story! Never had that particular experience...usually my memories are very visual.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
when life hands you lemons

Yes, that one rings a bell. All done in the spirit of cooperation. There was a similar skit, probably with the same kid Muppets. One had a seed, one had a flower pot, and another, since they were on his daddy's farm, had acres of topsoil. They put the seed in the pot, and shovelled in some soil. Then through the miracle of perfect timing, it rained, and then the sun came out, and in less than 10 seconds, a flower bloomed and they all got to smell it.
If only things in life could work that fast!:excited:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
How about that 1 when they want to decorate thie clubhouse and they find just 1 thing and they think it's not going to do any good. But after they put their stuff up, they realize each thing they had made a big difference.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Sunrise said:
That's weird. I don't remember seeing that skit at all, but somehow I remember the story! Never had that particular experience...usually my memories are very visual.
Ditto