The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Sock Search - The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest is here! Puppet builders from around the globe will enter photos of their original puppet characters, built from The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern, and compete for the grand prize - The Forma Trio or $150.00 USD credit with Project Puppet. Entries will be accepted through May 28, 2006.

A panel of five pre-selected impartial judges (all MC members, by the way) will vote for the top ten finalists. The entries will be judged on technical skill (construction of the puppet) and successful character creation (how well the puppet’s physical attributes reflect it’s personality).

The top ten finalists will have their submissions posted on the Project Puppet website for the public to vote for the winner!

For more info click here!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Three weeks until the entry deadline! :crazy: Just a friendly reminder.

We've already received a few entries and they look great! It's going to be a tough job for the judges and the voters.

Note: Almost forgot, if anyone is interested, Project Puppet has been posting tips on working with antron fleece on the blog. The information may be helpful in the contruction of the Glorified Sock Puppet entries! Have fun!

video567

Reaction score
cool thanks for the reminder, mine is almost done trying to add onem ore thing and I will submit my pictures. cant wait to see everyone's entries once the contest is done

BorkBork

Reaction score
I just bought my pattern. Haven't recieved the login info yet but i'm hoping soon :wink:
It'll be lots of fun to get going with puppetbuilding again! I must say projectpuppet is the single best recource i have ever come across! Never really payed attention to the site until now when i saw this post. Thank you!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yes, puppetise we received your entry. Great work!

Thanks, Bork Bork, for the vote of confidence! The emails with the login info are automatically generated. You should have received it. We've been finding that some email accounts (Yahoo! email accounts in particular - I think they are trying to stick it to Google's Gmail) mark the login emails and dump them into the Bulk Folder. Check there, first. If it's not there, just shoot us an email and we'll take care of you.

Muppet Matt, the puppet's aren't actually made from a sock. They are built from The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern from Project Puppet. It's named that because the puppet fits the puppeteer's hand like a traditional sock puppet. But to answer your question, yes, for this contest, the entries have to be "sock" puppets made from the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern.

On that note, if everyone enjoys the contest, we'd like to make it a tradition, holding more contests for different patterns in the future.

BorkBork

Reaction score
bezalel said:
The emails with the login info are automatically generated. You should have received it. We've been finding that some email accounts (Yahoo! email accounts in particular - I think they are trying to stick it to Google's Gmail) mark the login emails and dump them into the Bulk Folder. Check there, first. If it's not there, just shoot us an email and we'll take care of you.
I just emailed you. Don't have aspamfilter or any automated sorting in my email. I'm really courious about the pattern.

video567

Reaction score
BorkBork said:
I just emailed you. Don't have aspamfilter or any automated sorting in my email. I'm really courious about the pattern.
BorkBork you are going to enter? thats awesome. I had a bit of trouble too, dont worry these guys worj with you well and fast