Inner Lining or No Inner Lining

intozlight

Reaction score
shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't "huff" it lol. And wash when you are through. Pretty harmless stuff unless you are sensitive.

:smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I was thinking more in terms of the fact that your arm actually needs to sweat to release heat and preventing it from doing that on a regular basis may not be healthy.

BuckyBits

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on using a liner.
What about attaching it? The Puppets I've purchased are sewn to the puppet at the base only.
But should it be secured at all? Should it be attached at the base or points inside?
If attached Sew it? Spray glue?

Thanks again for the feedback and insight.

SJohnson

Reaction score
For those of you having trouble with the liner getting bunched up, I recommend sewing a hoop of dress boning onto the bottom of the liner. This will help it keep shape, prevent it from getting caught up inside the puppet, and make it easier to pull the puppet on and off. :smile:

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Thanks, that's a really good idea. I had a puppet with a very floppy body once, and I did the same sort of thing with a ring of foam, this works brilliantly and makes him easier to pull on.

Anita The Great

Reaction score
I think lining is the way to go. It helps extend the life of your puppet--since it absorbs the body oils instead of the foam (and keep it from breaking down as quickly). I love what Sean is doing with the dress boning in the new Swazzle puppets! It's a great idea and does make it easier to slip in and out of the puppets. Irregardless, attaching the lining to the puppet is usually a good idea, especially to prevent it from bunching and twisting when your arms starts to get clammy :smile: