Best singing by non-recording artist guest stars

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I refer to those guests who weren't singers by trade, the guests who never released a solo album, per se. That omits the following:

Season One: Connie Stevens, Jim Nabors, Paul Williams, Charles Aznavour, Lena Horne, Ben Vereen

Season Two: Teresa Brewer, Bernadette Peters, Elton John, Lou Rawls, Cleo Laine, Julie Andrews, Jaye P. Morgan

Season Three: Kristofferson/Coolidge, Leo Sayer, Roy Clark, Pearl Bailey, Alice Cooper, Loretta Lynn, Helen Reddy, Harry Belafonte, Roger Miller, Rogers/Evans

Season Four: John Denver, Crystal Gayle, Arlo Guthrie, Beverly Sills, Kenny Rogers, Dizzy Gillespie, Anne Murray, Diana Ross

Season Five: Joan Baez, Shirley Bassey, Paul Simon, Linda Ronstadt, Mac Davis, Gladys Knight, Debbie Harry, Johnny Cash

Possibly more.

Who aside from the recording artists mentioned above did the best singing on TMS?

I want to name two right off the bat: Lynda Carter and Hal Linden.

Linden studied to be a musician before becoming an actor, so it's no wonder. He also has done a lot of musical theatre, winning a Best Actor Tony in the early 70s for the musical "The Rothschilds". IMO Hal's vocals in "If I Ruled the World" are gorgeous and I would love to hear more of his singing.

Who knew Lynda Carter could sing? Watching this episode, one gets visions of a young Lynda with the lead in the high school musical. Such a real performer.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Tonichelle

Reaction score
not to sound completely stupid, but didn't Mark Hamill (Star Wars - Luke Skywalker) get to sing on TMS? and would he count as he performed then and now on and off broadway?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Tonichelle said:
not to sound completely stupid, but didn't Mark Hamill (Star Wars - Luke Skywalker) get to sing on TMS? and would he count as he performed then and now on and off broadway?
He would count as a non-recording star, though I have a hard time imagining anyone falling for his vocals on TMS. Outside of TMS is, I assume, another story.

Oh, and I want to add Raquel Welch to my mentions. Very skilled for not being a professional singer.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole