Dark Crystal reference on South Park!

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey all!

Just watched the new South Park episode "Tsst". There's a Dark Crystal reference!

Here's what happens: they do a spoof of Nanny 911, and as they introduce the nannies, one of them is named "Nanny Skexis", (yeah, they spelled "Skeksis" wrong) But anyway, the "nanny" looks like the Chamberlain in a gray wig, and says "HmmmMMMMmmm!"

If you missed it, they'll reair the episode tomorrow. Here's the link, folks:

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_schedule/index.jhtml?dayName=Thu&month=May&dayNum=04&year=2006

Here's another link to the episode's summary, including the Skeksis reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsst

Enjoy!

Convincing John

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I'll have to catch that on rerun. It's so much fun seeing how creators of South Park and Family Guy incorporate stuff from their childhood and other shows into their own shows.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Man, South Park has been great this season.

The Skeksis reference got the biggest laugh out of me. Not to say the ep was bad, but that really surprised me, and I think a lot of humor comes from the element of surprise.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I'll have to catch that on rerun. It's so much fun seeing how creators of South Park and Family Guy incorporate stuff from their childhood and other shows into their own shows.
Don't tell the creators of South Park that you compared them to Family Guy, or they will "kill you where you stand."

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
I thought it was a great reference! Unfortunately, I had seen this post before the show aired here in Los Angeles, so a little bit of the surprise was lost.

I thought it was very much like a Family Guy joke. I found it kind of odd, since South Park just had a two-part episode about how much they don't like how Family Guy incorporates their jokes.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I totally forgot to post this thanks it was very obscure and funny

Lazarus

Reaction score
I saw that! That made me crack up. I never expected a Dark Crystal refrence in South Park.

"I found it kind of odd, since South Park just had a two-part episode about how much they don't like how Family Guy incorporates their jokes."

You probably have heard this several times, but that whole episode was more about censorship then Family Guy.

Fozzie6

Reaction score
Dang, I missed that episode, I'll have to try to catch the rerun.