Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea if it was October. We would see goblins, witches, ghost, devils and all sorts of spooky stuff. Don't worry. I'll be dressed as a scary monster and then you will know that it's October. Can't wait! Come on October! We need you! (a little kidding)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... October, my favorite time of year.
Personally, I'm hoping for complete uncut episodes... But I understand arguments for the other options as well.

Oliver

Reaction score
WOW!!!WOW!!!WOW!!!

I haven't posted in months but this is the best news I've heard in a long while!!!

In addition to all the sketches listed, I reeeally hope we get to see the Don Music / News Reporter Kermit sketch where Don is composing the theme to Sesame Street on the piano but can't get the words right and Kermit attempts to help him out. They try a variation of things like "how to get to... the public library, the zoo, etc" and finally settle on Yellowstone Park. Than just as Kermit leaves, he turns back and says "by the way, could yould you please tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?" and Don looks directly at the camera as the 'wah wah' music cues in, and he smashes his head down several times on the piano keys.

I also hope we get to see the Sinister Sam sketch where he comes in to the saloon wanting to know who bought the last pack of crayons, and also the cowboy Grover sketch with Buster the horse where Grover keeps trying to jump on his back and Buster keeps moving away and Grover ends up falling on his face.

Also, Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Steps (hillarious Hitchcock parody!).

And lots of Grover The Waiter and Blue Man sketches, but particularly the one where Grover has to do a Mexican salsa dance each time he brings the Blue Man's food and he ends up spilling and trampling all over it.

Also lots of Singing Telegram Grover.

The Prarie Dawn school play with all the monsters and Gladys The Cow, etc. I think it was about the four seasons. And in winter, snow falls all over the stage, etc.

I reeeally hope we see Teeny Little Super Guy!!!

Also a couple of Lefty The Salesman skits.

And Guy Smiley's "Beat That Time" gameshow with the count, where he has 30 seconds or something to bring something from the sky into the studio. And the count just keeps on counting down until he reaches zero and thunder and lightning come down. He wins the prize and for his wish, he asks for another 30 seconds.

The one with Cookie Monster also, where he needs to find words that rhyme. I don't remember the whole sketch but there was a really funny part where Cookie Monster yells cowabunga and starts eating parts of the set I think.

I also hope we see lots of Ernie & Bert skits, especially the one where they go to the beach and Ernie forgets all his beach items except for one thing. Bert lectures him on being prepared and goes through everything he's brought trying to figure out the one thing Erbie remembered. Than a thunder cloud appears and lighting cracks and Ernie looks at Bert and pulls out an umbrella and Bert sits there staring at Ernie looking annoyed as he gets soaked.

And my favorite Ernie & Bert sketch where Bert comes into the room to find a single cookie sitting on the table. He asks Ernie what it's doing there and Ernie responds by saying that cookies remind him of circles. After further inquiry Ernie reveals that circles remind him of squares. Bert delves deeper into the confusing mystery of the lone cookie on the table only to find out that squares remind Ernie of checkers which reminds him of games. Bert reluctantly asks him to continue and we find out that games remind Ernie of football, why... because they always play music at football games. Ernie than proceeds to place a football helmet on his head. Bert begins to grow frustrated and demands to know what football and music have to do with the cookie on the table. Ernie responds, that music reminds him of bells and bells remind him of his alarm clock. He than places his alarm cloack on the table... Why? Because when the alarm rings, it reminds Ernie that it's time to eat his cookie. He than thanks Bert as he stuffs it into his mouth and cue... wabba wabba wabba... pan to exhausted Bert mugshot closeup, and than collapse... end segment.

Also the skecth where Bert tells Ernie not to eat cookies in his bed so Ernie takes his plate of cookies and climbs into Bert's bed. The skit where Ernie can't get to sleep so he starts counting sheep and they run wild in the room and keep Bert up all night. The sketch where Bert is trying to read and Ernie keeps tagging him and saying he's "it", and the one where Bert's brother Bart comes to visit. I one the sandbox... I eight the sandbox. :wink:

Also the E&B sketch where Ernie paints Bert's portrait with big messy hair, glasses and a big beard. Bert starts yelling at Ernie when he sees the finnished painting and says Ernie ruined his whole day. Ernie tells Bert not to worry and that he'll fix it so that the painting will look just like him. Bert says okay and steps behind the canvas. Than we hears ome shuffling and yelling and Bert comes out with a big messy wig, glasses and a huge beard.

Aaand the similar sketch where Ernie is sculpting a statue of Bert but forgets the nose. When he realizes what he forgot and finds out he's out of clay, he tells Bert to come closer and proceeds to pull off his nose and stick it on the statue.

The one where Ernie eats Bert's last piece of chocolate cake and tries to deny it and says a monster came in and ate the cake and framed him. Bert gets aggravated and walks away and than in comes a big blue monster and sits down next to him and takes his fork and napkin.

The skecth where Bert buys his aunt Matilda and hat with a veil and flowers on top and Ernie thinks it's for him and tries to guess what's inside. Bert keeps trying to tell Ernie and than Ernie decides to just go ahead and open it up. He looks at the hat and says he's really surprised. Bert tells him that his aunt Matilda will be too and Ernie asks Bert if he also bought her one of these hats.

And the one where Bert is reading a book called "Boring Stories" and Ernie keeps bothering him with a disguise kit that he got by going out into the hall and knocking ont he door and pretending to be someone else. Bert gets aggravated by Ernie's ridiculous disguises like Little Red Riding Hood with a beard and calls him a fool. Than the someone knocks ont he door again and it's the big bad wolf. Bert tells him that's his ugliest disguise yet and starts making fun of him. Meanwhile Ernie walks into the room behind Bert and they realize it's the real wolf, who than proceeds to chase Bert all around the apartment trying to eat him.

Also the skit where Ernie and Bert go fishing and Ernie tells Bert he can catch fish without a pole by calling them. He starts screaming "Heeeere fishy fishy fishy!!!!" and fish start jumping into the boat. Bert tries but can't seem to get it to work. Finally he gets so frustrated he starts to scream and a huge green fish plops out of the water and sticks his nose in Bert's face and says "You called?"

And finally, the skit where Bert dreams of ice skating at night.

I also hope we get all the classic songs... The Beetles 'Letter B', The Rubber Ducky song and Put Down The Ducky, The Telephone Rock, etc.

Also the sketch where Cookie Monster wishes he could eat the moon and everything becomes dark.

And all the great Sesame News Flashes with Kermit The Frog; especially Peter Piper's Pickled Peppers, Little Miss Muffet, Rumplestiltskin, The Big Cow Jump, The Three Little Pigs and The Tortoise Vs. The Hare skits!

And of course, all the classic cartoons segments!

Oliver

Reaction score
PS - I wonder if there'll be any Special Features?

It would be great if they included all the classic SS Specials as bonuses on this and any future volumes so that we could have one definitive package.

All the Big Bird travel specials as well as Dont Eat The Pictures and The Christmas special. Also the 20th Anniversary hosted by Bill Cosby and even the pilot episode!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Couple of things Oliver, just to help you out.
The Beat The Time sketch where my namesake appeared featured a clock counting down 20 seconds.
Marshall Grover's horse is Fred the Wonder Horse, Buster is Forgetful Jones's horse.

Hope this helps settle any confusion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Also, Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Steps (hillarious Hitchcock parody!).

And lots of Grover The Waiter and Blue Man sketches, but particularly the one where Grover has to do a Mexican salsa dance each time he brings the Blue Man's food and he ends up spilling and trampling all over it.
Both of those are already available on the video and DVD release Put Down the Duckie (which originally aired on television as The Sesame Street Special). Of course, I haven't seen any copies of this on video or DVD at any of my local stores in a long time.

Oliver said:
I also hope we get all the classic songs... The Beetles 'Letter B', The Rubber Ducky song and Put Down The Ducky, The Telephone Rock, etc.

Also the sketch where Cookie Monster wishes he could eat the moon and everything becomes dark.
All of those have been released on video and DVD. Some videos and DVDs are harder to find in stores, at least in my area, but where you live may vary. Letter B is available on Count it Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street, Rubber Duckie is available on Sing-Along and Elmo in Grouchland Sing-and-Play, Put Down the Duckie is included on both Sing Yourself Silly and Put Down the Duckie, Telephone Rock is available on Rock & Roll, and the Cookie Monster sketch you are refferring to, If Moon Was Cookie, is included on the DVDs Sleepytime Songs and Stories and Cookie Monster's Best Bites.

gtejeda

Reaction score
Sesame Street Unpaved (series)

episode 1316 maria goes to Puerto Rico I was on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.