Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rachael cook

Reaction score
That's great.

What are the chances that they will release season sets like they are doing with the Muppets? How many episodes did they do in a season?

rc

minor muppetz

Reaction score
rachael cook said:
That's great.

What are the chances that they will release season sets like they are doing with the Muppets? How many episodes did they do in a season?

rc
Untill recently, there was an average of 130 episodes a season, which might make it impossible for entire season box sets to come out. Starting in the 33rd season, the number was cut down to 26 a season. Of course, I know that quite a few episodes wer elater rebroadcast in later seasosn with the on-screen episode numbers being different (and I think some of those episodes also had certain sketches replaced), so there could be less episodes then we think.

rachael cook

Reaction score
They only do 26 now? I figured that the number was around 100 a season. Why the huge drop off?

rc

zns

Reaction score
chpoof said:
Check this out. (No mention yet though of which five episodes will be on the set.)

http://oldschool.sesamestreet.com/
OHboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy. Thanks for sharing this. Oct. 24 just won't come soon enough. They even have the pitch pilot on there.

BEAR

Reaction score
No it can't come soon enough!! I am getting so giddy just watching those clips over and over and over!!! Oh boy!!

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Yes, it looks like I may have been wrong (not that I mind at all)!

The Rapunzel clip was from one of the "Newsflash" skits, if memory serves correctly. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that the earliest News Flash segments didn't have a title card, and they when the logo was introduced, they were added to later broadcasts of the earlier news skits as well. If any of those early news skits are shown as bonus features, I hope that they are shown however they were originally shown. I also hope that, if any news skits that originally had logos are included, the original News Flash logos are included, as opposed to later logos that replaced the logos in later showings. I don't mind if it's altered in one of the episodes. The actual episodes should be shown as they were originally aired, even if certain skits were edited or altered in those episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.