Your earliest Muppet memory

Marky

Reaction score
I was born in '73.

SS - when Cookie monster had some kind of Midas Cookie touch. even people would turn into a pile of cookies. He got freaked out by it, and so did I! That, and when Grover sold Kermit some fake ears. Weird. Also, remeber when Fischer-Price had those cranking movie projector things? They were so cool! They came with movie cartridges. I had a Mickey Mouse (running from a Giant), Bambi falling on the ice, and a SS one with "Ten... Coconut Creme Pies"!!! I had the FP SS playset, too.

TMS - Watching season 1 DVD brought back so many. ie, Paul Williams floating away, heads blowing up, and Marvin Scuggs & the Muppephone! TMM had a huge impact on me as well. Holding and working Fozzie at the audition last year - wanted me to go back in time and tell my 5-year-old-self what I was going to get to do! The Star Wars cross-over was toooooooooo much for me! Looking back, isn't it ironic that they used "When You Wish Upon a Star" as it's closing (along with the castle popping up)?

FR - Well, I was about 9 when that came out, so I was already a Henson nut. I wanted to BE Frank Oz. I wasn't as taken by it for some reason. I prefered Muppet Babies, but even then, I was starting to grow out of it (temporarily, of course)!

That whole era for me (mid 70's-early 80's) was defined by Henson, Lucas and in many ways - John Williams! I'm sure I'm not alone there.

:smile:

Starlancer

Reaction score
I forgot what it was called..

Man thats hard...hmmmm...AHHH yes the first thing that got me into the muppets was my dad i think i watched some muppet movie where they did plays like Rumplstilksen (if thats how u spell it) andKing Midus,The Boy Who Cried Wolf and The 3 little pigs i think it was called Muppet Classic Theater...:smile:

Marky

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
Man thats hard...hmmmm...AHHH yes the first thing that got me into the muppets was my dad i think i watched some muppet movie where they did plays like Rumplstilksen (if thats how u spell it) andKing Midus,The Boy Who Cried Wolf and The 3 little pigs i think it was called Muppet Classic Theater...:smile:
That came out in 1994 or so. I believe it was called Muppet Fairytale Theatre.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Cool post, MrsPepper.

Well I used to watch Muppets Tonight when I was about 3 with my grandma, so that has some good memories for me. I always used to come home from nursery and watch Sesame Street as well, so was an avid fan from the start!

Actually my older cousin used to watch dreadlocks so we used to call him Clifford!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Actually he was right, it was Muppet Classic Theater

My earliest Muppet memory would have to be a lot of my childhood. Like most of you, I grew up on the Muppets, and actually had almost all the specials at the time by when I was five (I was born in 1985). I sadly don't remember much about Sesame Street, but my Mom says I saw the one when Snuffy became real. I did have a few Muppet Shows on tape, and I had a tape (and Betas) filled with Fraggle Rock. Plus, of course I watched Muppet Babies every day, though I only remember it on Nick Jr..

Starlancer

Reaction score
It kind of sucks how all you senior members got to see live episodes our episodes when they released and you were alive back then, the only thing i saw live was some show on i believe in the 90's frgt what it was called...

:eek:

giovannii

Reaction score
Starlancer said:
It kind of sucks how all you senior members got to see live episodes our episodes when they released and you were alive back then, the only thing i saw live was some show on i believe in the 90's frgt what it was called...

:eek:
Muppets Tonight??