Electric Mayhem's origins

superboober

Reaction score
Has it ever been described at length in any canonical works exactly how the Electric Mayhem first came together as a group, since they're always fully former whenever we meet them in the movies and on TV?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Hmmm ... that's interesting; I never thought of that. To my knowledge, it was never revealed.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Dude- that's an idea for a new Muppet movie right there!:big_grin:
That could be really cool- focusing on getting the Electric Mayhem together- perhaps told in flashbacks as the band is interviewed on MTV or something like that- that way we could still have the other core Muppets show up in present time- but the EM Muppets would get a big time focus!
:sing: :flirt:

dpurves

Reaction score
That could be the best Muppet movie to come out in a long time! Instead of the EM just being background players like they seem to be now, let's see the focus on them and find out exactly where they came from.

Elchippo

Reaction score
It'd require some major voice re-casting-obviously Teeth and Janice but I don't think Floyd has spoken since Jerry retired. I don't know if they've been re-cast already but it doesn't seem like much offically has.

Who do you think would be the best casting choices? Here's mine:
Zoot- still Dave (ironic that the one original remaining talks the least)
Teeth-Bill Baretta since he does a fairly good Rowlf
Animal-I suppose Eric Jacobson since he does Franks characters
Floyd-probably Kevin Clash
Janice-hard to say. Steve Whitmire could probably do it, since Lips isn't really around anymore.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Dude- that's an idea for a new Muppet movie right there!
That could be really cool- focusing on getting the Electric Mayhem together- perhaps told in flashbacks as the band is interviewed on MTV or something like that- that way we could still have the other core Muppets show up in present time- but the EM Muppets would get a big time focus!
:sing: :flirt:
Oooo, yeah! Yeah! yeah yeah yeah! Thats a great idea! But yeah, they would need to do some recasting, and the voices would be off...and I can listen to imitations being off any time I want to...*shudders* My dad's first attemp at a Floyd imitation still haunts me:eek: (its gotten a bit better since)

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I can see it now.

You saw the rise and fall of The Doors.
You saw Tina Turner's life story...
and soon...Janis Jopin untold sotry will be out.
But there is one band that stands alone...
a hip sax player,...
a female from California,...
a hipster that is totaly awsome,...
and a crazed drummer by one name....
All coming together by one main dude with the golden tooth.

This summer Henson Pictures Presents
"Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem: The Early Years."

This picture had not been rated, nor has it been made...but we can still dream.

Summer 2006?? we hope??
:big_grin: