Please sign the "Save Roger Rabbit" petition

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful news Tom. Thanks for sharing that with us. Makes for a great read.

P

Philip Kippel

Just to let you all know...

The number of signatures is now up to 849.

Phillip Chapman, are you going to sign the petition too? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just signed it. Thanks for mentioning it.

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Just signed it. Thanks for mentioning it.
Thanks for signing the petition, Phillip Chapman.

There are 853 signatures on the petition now.

Hopefully, 2003 will be a better year for Roger Rabbit.

For one thing, that 2-disc Vista series "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" DVD set is getting released...and it seems that they're putting a lot of time, effort and heart into it. Can't wait to buy it.

Ironically, 2003 marks the 15th anniversary of the Rabbit and his movie.

Maybe they'll have the Roger Rabbit walk-around character come out for meet-and-greets at Walt Disney World and Disneyland again (if only for a limited time/if only for the 15th anniversary).

One production that I've really been wanting to see Roger in is the "House of Mouse" TV series. Maybe he'll at least make a cameo appearance in that series next year.

Also, Roger's image and likeness (including a giant statue of him) is being used in the 1980s section of Walt Disney World's still-under-construction "Pop Century Resort" hotel, which may finally open next year.

Maybe they'll make some new merchandise for the occasion. (It's nice that the Roger characters are still appearing on merchandise and artwork from time to time.)

I also hope that for the DVD they'll animate the Roger cartoon shorts that DIDN'T get made, including "Hare in My Soup".

<< In spite of all the bad blood between these two companies, it sounds like they're really putting differences aside to make this a DVD worth buying. >>

Hopefully, this new collaboration will FINALLY spell the end of the dreaded Spielberg/Disney feud--that way, Roger and his co-stars can finally be able to appear in new Disney projects and return to the Disney universe where they belong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Philip Kippel

One production that I've really been wanting to see Roger in is the "House of Mouse" TV series. Maybe he'll at least make a cameo appearance in that series next year.

Maybe they'll make some new merchandise for the occasion. (It's nice that the Roger characters are still appearing on merchandise and artwork from time to time.)
Firstly, he will never be on House of mouse, seening as how i's been cancelled. Wouldn't blaime them. I saw two episdoes and I'm like...OOh another commercial for Disney!

Maybe there will be Merchandise. Now that they have this pin collecting thing going on, a Roget Rabbit pin set (at least). I saw the "Roger Wnna be," aka bonkers as a pin. I hear they have Talespin and Darkwing Duck too.

They had a snow globe released last year, however.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thought you might enjoy this!

Here are some scans of my Roger Rabbit original animation cel collection. They hang above my desk. The scans aren't that great - the scanner light created cel glare that I tried to diffuse. The cels are placed on a black and white photographic background and the shadows and effects were added later.

Take me to jamie's collection!

Rufus

Reaction score
I think there were Roger Rabbit pins release for the 10th anniversary a couple of years ago.
They shoulda done more, though, for that milestone...

- R -

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Philip Kippel
Benny the Cab made a cameo in one episode. Is that close enough?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
House of mouse isnt cancelled where did you hear this? and it isnt a commericial for Disney where do you get that,oh wait you are the one who posted for 2 days not fhing xcept whining about not reading the fine print of a toyfare mag,sorry that just always bothered me.

anyway I also said the Benny appeared but he said he wasnt Roger even though he just said Roger character

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
<<anyway I also said the Benny appeared but he said he wasnt Roger even though he just said Roger character>>

I don't understand what you have said here. Could you explain?